Author Topic: finding out if half the field has won a race before  (Read 1133 times)

Tags:
  • All members

Hi Everyone

I'm struggling to get my head around this problem.  I want to create a condition where a bet will only be placed if over half the field in a horse race have won a race before.

I know this information is contained in the silk_form sequence, but it's working out how to check the silk_form for the whole field, and not just an individual horse, and then creating the correct syntax to put this info into a trigger expression.

Any help gratefully received.

Re: finding out if half the field has won a race before
« Reply #1 on: 04 Feb 2016, 12:33 »
Hi
This is untested but worth a try:
selections form contains sequence 1
and selections trigger expression matching_number is greater than runner_number/2
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: finding out if half the field has won a race before
« Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2016, 13:53 »
Thanks for the suggestion Mark, I'll give that a whirl

UPDATE: Brilliant Mark, that worked a treat.  I made a variable using your suggestion and it turns on if half the runners have won before.

P.S wheres the karma button gone in the new look forum?....fancied upping your already impressive level!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE