Author Topic: Forcing Remembered Constants to be updated  (Read 395 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Forcing Remembered Constants to be updated
« on: 01 Mar 2022, 20:36 »
Hi,

I have a number of constants which are set to 'remember last value'.

I recently had a Marketfeeder instance crash on me - it is not really that surprising - it has allot of variables - covering over 100 dog races every day and had been running for almost a week. Crashing happens - but the constants were not remembered.

I could exit the instance every evening and re-enter to ensure that variables are kept up to date.

However, is there a way that I could force it to regularly update the remembered variables?

Thanks,

Re: Forcing Remembered Constants to be updated
« Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 2022, 06:52 »
Hi
I think the remember constants are written to the trigger file when MFP is correctly shut down. The only suggestion I have is to use triggers to write the variable values to a text file. Then use automated import of the values for your betting triggers.

You could try reduce the possibility of a crash by manually clearing the log file folders, which after a week of triggering will be quite large. The log file locations are shown in point 3. here. Shut down MFP before you delete any log files. Also, trigger logging is a fairly heavy load on system resources. If you are confident in the operation of your triggers, it would be worthwhile turning off all trigger logging.

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE