Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Wez on 01 Dec 2014
  • Hi , screen shot shows what MFP has got as the form string for Totetto (12:55 Wolves, 01-Dec-14) today which doesn't in any way match the form as shown on Betfair or the racing post. :o

Any thoughts?

I'll be emailing Betfair & Timeform as well as to why the form as shown on Betfiar doesn't include the last 5 races.

The form as shown on Betfair when hovering over the selection shows 085-886 and DSLR as 107.

Go into the timeform racecard via Betfair and the form shows 5 races have happened since 085-886, the last being on 25th Oct.

Puzzled - very puzzled.

Wez

• #2 by Wez on 01 Dec 2014
  • Ditto for another horse in the same race, although this time Timeform & Betfair to match, but MFP is showing the 600-307 form as 293!!

Wez
  • #3 by mcbee on 01 Dec 2014
  • hi
    could it be because the other horse previous races were not all weather  courses.
    the last one shows correct with all weather courses last ran.

mcbee
  • #4 by Wez on 01 Dec 2014
  • Hi McBee,

no I don't think so.  The last 2 races of the form string ("86") were turf races as were the missing ones (see attachment).  Either way, it doesn't explain how MFP got "-801" from "085-886"!

The triggers didn't place the bet now I've corrected them following your last reply (many thanks) because it saw the end of the string as a 1 suggesting it won last time out when clearly it didn't!

regards

Wez
  • #5 by Wez on 01 Dec 2014
  • Hi McBee,

Looking again at the form "085-886" for Toretto on the Racing Post I can now see that it is specific to Flat races on both turf and AW.  The missing bit of the form is for Handicap Hurdles I think (HcH?).  So Timeform is providing the form that is relevant to the type of race being run this time I guess.  i.e Wolves handicap (flat race on AW surface).  I wasn't aware that was how Timeform/Betfair quoted form so I've learnt something today (I think).

Just the problem of why MFP shows "-801" when the Betfair form reads 085-886!

BTW, changing my trigger condition to Selection's trigger expression silk_form_1 is not in list 1,2 initially appeared to work but unfortunately I caught a bet being placed where the last character in the form string was a 1.  So there is still something odd going on.  I've provided Oxa with the log files.

regards

Wez
  • #6 by Wez on 02 Dec 2014
  • It has just dawned on me (amazing what a night's sleep does)

Betfair form string was 085-886.

MFP displayed "-801"

Mathematically,  085 minus 886 (i.e. 085-886) is "-801"  Tah Dah!  ;D

So is it just a Engineer mode display format issue and/or is the string being seen internally within MFP as "-801".  The fact some of my triggers placed bets when I though they shouldn't because the string was showing itself as ending in a 1 or 2, suggests it is an Engineer mode (and possibly View User Variables?) display issue.

regards

Wez
  • #7 by Wez on 02 Dec 2014
  • The other funny yesterday was Betfair/Timeform string was 600-307.
    MFP in Engineer Mode displayed that as 293.

600 minus 307 is 293!

So Engineer Mode is actually treating characters within silk_form as a formula!

That will also explain why I sometimes see 83.333333 or similar.  It the result of a calculation!

regards

Wez
  • #8 by Wez on 02 Dec 2014
  • Hi,

below screen shot confirms the problem is with the formatting of how silk_form is displayed. 

The form string "53/45-2" is being displayed as -0.82222222

(53/45)-2 is indeed -0.8222222

So the question is how can silk_form be displayed without it being treated as a formula?

regards

Wez
  • #9 by Wez on 02 Dec 2014
  • A work around seems to be to use:

silk_form_n silk_form_3 silk_form_2 silk_form 1 as the formula in the Engineer Mode display field.  That way the individual characters are displayed as expected.

regards

Wez
  • #10 by Wez on 02 Dec 2014
  • Sorry, that didn't work for all cases  :(

putting a comma between each case of silk_form_n fixed it though, as in

silk_form_6,silk_form_5,silk_form_4,silk_form_3,silk_form_2,silk_form_1

Wez
  • #11 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 02 Dec 2014
  • Hello Wez,

This problem (the unnecessary computation when displaying the Form as a variable) has been reported before, and I am looking for a solution, as this is something that can't be fixed easily.
  • #12 by Wez on 02 Dec 2014
  • Hi Oxa,

well at least it puts my mind at rest that the trigger conditions are working as they should which is the important thing.

I'm not a programmer and I only have a very basic knowledge of software.

I don't know how the formula entries in User Var Window and Engineer fields are parsed, but could a simple prefix delimiter such as ~ stop what follows being treated as a formula?

So:
    ~silk_form would just display the string without any processing/computation
    ~9/3 would display 9/3
    9/3 would display 3

Apologies in advance if that is a ridiculous suggestion!

regards

Wez
  • #13 by mcbee on 07 Dec 2014
  • hi wez
    if you only want to see the correct form , minus the - ,
    so a form of 573-21 , you would see 573_21 in the engineer mode.
    copy and paste this to the engineer mode box that you want to see the form.
    IF(silk_form_7=-,_,silk_form_7)IF(silk_form_6=-,_,silk_form_6)IF(silk_form_5=-,_,silk_form_5)IF(silk_form_4=-,_,silk_form_4)IF(silk_form_3=-,_,silk_form_3)IF(silk_form_2=-,_,silk_form_2)IF(silk_form_1=-,_,silk_form_1)

mcbee
  • #14 by Wez on 10 Dec 2014
  • Hi McBee,

thanks for the suggestion but it's been overtaken by events.

Oxa fixed the bug which treated the form string as a formula in 8.0.0.11 in both the Engineer mode fields and the View User Varaibles window.  silk_form now displays as expected without any computation taking place - hurrah!

regards

Wez
Pages:
Actions