Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by markoone11 on 16 Nov 2017
  • Hi,

I know that I have been advised on a number of occasions that using Excel is quite resource intensive through MFP, and I do try to avoid it, BUT, I have not been able to figure out a way to get what I need from a trigger, in this instance, and so, I have had to resort to using Excel to give me what I need...

I don't know how, through a trigger, to obtain the result of a horse, whether it Won or Lost.

I want to be able to do this in both the Win and the Place markets.

Can I get the Results in these markets, using a trigger?

When I do it through Excel, I can see the actual winner in cell J2, and for the place market, there are 3 rows for each horse, and from Column A, if there is a number greater than 0, in the 3rd row, it is a winner, which is my logic for obtaining the winner, once the market is settled.

So, at present, that is my routine.

Can I get these using a trigger, which will be much less work needed?

Thanks

Mark.
  • #2 by markoone11 on 16 Nov 2017
  • Larp, I only saw your post today, I hope you are able to read my response to that, sorry for the extended delay....
  • #3 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 16 Nov 2017
  • Hello!

Use the sel_place variable. If sel_place > 0, the horse has won (or placed), otherwise it either lost or the results are not available yet. To make sure that they are available, check this variable in a settled market and do something like this:

Selection's Trigger Expression sel_place is equal to/less than/greater than etc. X
    and At least one selection's Trigger Expression sel_place is equal to 1
  • #4 by markoone11 on 16 Nov 2017
  • Thanks Oxa,

I assume I can use the same for the Win market, by using sel_win?

and in order to get this working as I do a csv write, I can use...

For place market
    ["market_name"],["sel_name"],[sel_place]

For Win
    ["market_name"],["sel_name"],[sel_win]

using the conditions as above?

Thanks

Mark.
  • #5 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 16 Nov 2017
  • No, sel_name is independent of the type of market and works in the same way in both win and place markets.
  • #6 by markoone11 on 16 Nov 2017
  • I am having some trouble, because I have no document to see things like [sel_place] anywhere, unless I have missed it. I can only get answers from here.

I want to be able to track BOTH win and place

I have a separate market for Win and a separate market for Place, and my trigger for place is using
    ["market_name"],["sel_name"],[actual_sp],[sel_place]

For which I have got the hoped for result, so, thanks for that.
    Horse Racing / GB / Sthl  16th Nov / 12:40 Sthl  16th Nov - To Be Placed - To Be Placed,"Mach One",1.69,1
    Horse Racing / GB / Sthl  16th Nov / 12:40 Sthl  16th Nov - To Be Placed - To Be Placed,"Monsieur Jimmy",2.46,2
    Horse Racing / GB / Sthl  16th Nov / 12:40 Sthl  16th Nov - To Be Placed - To Be Placed,"Luath",4.06,3

BUT, when I do the same for the Win market using
    ["market_name"],["sel_name"],[actual_sp],[sel_win]

I get
    Horse Racing / GB / Sthl  16th Nov / 12:40 Sthl  16th Nov - 1m Hcap - 1m Hcap,"Mach One",3.47,sel_win

And so, I do not know how to see which horse actually won.

Can you help?

Thanks

Mark.
  • #7 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 16 Nov 2017
  • Mark, like I said, the syntax is sel_place in both win and place markets. I.e. do not write sel_win, write sel_place.
  • #8 by markoone11 on 16 Nov 2017
  • Hi Oxa,

Thanks for the response.

I stand 'corrected' - it has worked as you pointed out,

I was unsure because you did originally state that "No, sel_name is independent of the type of market and works in the same way in both win and place markets."

I appreciate common sense should have prompted me to use sel_place.

Thanks again

Mark.
  • #9 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 16 Nov 2017
  • No problem Mark, I will have to choose my words more accurately to avoid confusion. And I will check whether sel_place is missing from the manual, will definitely add it there as it has been around for ages.
Pages:
Actions