Author Topic: Greening up on multiple positions with a target profit  (Read 1599 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hello

Is there a formula to calculate overall profit/loss only for matched lay bets ?

Trigger "Greening up on multiple positions with a target profit" calculates overall profit with matched back and lay bets:

overall_pl + IF(back_payout > lay_payout, (back_payout - lay_payout)/lay_price - back_matched, lay_matched - (lay_payout - back_payout)/back_price)

And secondly, how can we create a condition related to the change of selection's match_b_book in percentage ?
i.e. lay 2 horses if their book percentage decreased for 10 % ?

I presume that first we need to create user variable to check constantly the value match_b_book for those 2 horses....and then dutch lay with condition related to book change in percent...

Thank you for your time and help

• Administrator
Re: Greening up on multiple positions with a target profit
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2016, 06:07 »
Hello!

Is there a formula to calculate overall profit/loss only for matched lay bets ?

If you mean you want to calculate the "what if" P/L that results from trading out the lay bets only, then the formula is:

lay_matched - lay_payout/back_price

And secondly, how can we create a condition related to the change of selection's match_b_book in percentage ?
i.e. lay 2 horses if their book percentage decreased for 10 % ?

It would only be possible to check the new percentage against the value that you remembered at a certain moment in the past. E.g. you remember the market book%, say, at 1 min before the off by assigning its value to a variable. Then you constantly monitor the difference between that variable and the current book% with another trigger and place a bet as soon as that difference reaches a certain threshold.
But there is no way to track the "trailing" book% difference, i.e. bet as soon as the difference dropped by X% within the last 5 mins, as the program cannot keep all these data in memory without compromising the performance (it only does this with the prices).
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Re: Greening up on multiple positions with a target profit
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2016, 09:27 »
Sorry for piggybacking here,

So say I back 4 horses at 6.0, 12.0, 9.0 and 11.0.

I want to trade out for profit at any stage, take the profit by either laying off one horse, or two of them, or three of them, or maybe all four.

What is the terminology of the condition I need to write to my laying-off trigger?

Thanks
Larp

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE