Author Topic: HELP NEEDED - BETTING FROM A txt file in a win horse racing market  (Read 7672 times)

Tags:
  • All members
  • MF Pro is the only way to go when your on the punt
Hi Guys,

I have found an in-pass with MF Pro which i find incredible as it is such a powerfull piece of software. I have tried all i know to no avail to get what i want it to do. ???

Is there a way to keep the complete WIN MARKET field up and available to bet on, no greyed out selections when using a TEXT file????

I want the whole Win Market field LIVE to bet on with a TRIGGER.  :)

What i want is a TRIGGER AND CONDITIONS that will look at my saved TXT file which has a single selection for each horse race for the day and to BACK that selection if it has come in under say 5.00 dollars OR the rank is under say 3.

I want the COMPLETE market live for other trading bets before the OFF.

Can anyone help me configure a trigger with conditions on how to do this???

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any HELP  :)

Bonecrusher
I never bought a lifetime licence when I had the opportunity and kick myself every day by not realizing at the time the power of MF Pro and its team behind it.

Hi
Please see the attached trigger and screenshot.
The text file I used just contains the selections names each on a separate line.
You can add your other conditions to the trigger:
e.g. and selections rank is less than 3

The screenshot shows all selections still available for trading
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info, i have tested it and the trigger gets stuck at my txt file and does not bet the selection for that race.

My txt file consists of about 70 names for 70 races, 1 per race 1 per line.

I have about 8 other conditions that follow after the txt condition.

I have made sure the text file has no vacant lines or space.

Do i need to select reread file??? tried it and did nothing though.

What could be the reason it gets stuck on the very first txt file condition that picks the selection to be bet on.

I am stuck again, any help would be apprieciated.  :)

Thanks Bonecrusher
I never bought a lifetime licence when I had the opportunity and kick myself every day by not realizing at the time the power of MF Pro and its team behind it.

• Élite
hi
your text file should be
Zafraaj
Langley

and so on with all your selection names exactly as they are on betfairs list with capital first letters.
make sure that you tell the trigger where the text file is located.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Hi
Try to get the trigger working with the only condition being:
selections name is in file

and follow mcbee's advice on telling the condition where the file is located, and spelling of selection names in the file to be exactly as the Betfair names.

Once the trigger is picking up the file and betting correctly, then add your other conditions.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Thanks Mark,

But still having a problem, deleted all conditions and still not picking up the selection.

The selections are found no problems if i do the import selections option they grey out the rest of the field perfectly to show my selection. But don't want that.

I don't have the latest version of MF Pro 7.

I have mf 7 but not the latest update. version 7.0.0.47 from 11 May 2013 Should i try that?

Also i run the place markets for each win market could that be confusing the situation??

What else should i try to trouble shoot this problem???  ???

Thanks Bonecrusher

Hi
Check these 2 settings:
Settings > General Options > Market Settings > First x favs active... should be unticked
Settings > General Options > Market Settings > By default all selections are ACTIVE

Save settings and restart MFP
Do not Import - just load markets and run the trigger.

In the trigger condition make sure you tell it where your file is:
selections name is in file <full path to your text file>

I just tested with Win and Place markets. The trigger attached above bets on the named selections in both markets. You can change this in the trigger Markets box e.g. Win Markets

• All members
Thanks Mark,

Yes all settings are fine.

Just ran out of races, will test using the exact trigger you sent me tommorow.

I just copied your original settings from test to my betting trigger.

Maybe i need a complete new trigger for this, I will try starting from scratch with a complete new trigger.

I use Norton antivirus, could this program in anyway be blocking a conection to my TXT file on my desktop???

This would not be the first time something does not work because of this over zealous program.

more tomorrow

Thanks Bonecrusher

The trigger log should tell you what is, or is not happening.

• Élite
hi bonecrusher
i have tested marks trigger with text names and they work ok.
please include a copy of your text,as this is the problem not the antivirus etc.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
hi mcbee,

yes i am confused now,  :o

please see the test selection txt file attached.

I used this txt file only with marks test trigger today no conditions at all, but could not get it to read the selection and bet on it.

my log file reads false for finding the selections name in the file.

Something is blocking it reading the file.

I put this same file in to MF pro and the program found each name and greyed out the rest of the field. unfortunatly that is not what i want this time.

Can you see what is wrong with the txt for working in the conditions area of the trigger?

Thanks mcbee

Bonecrusher

Hi
I can't see a problem with your file.

Please try:
selection's name is in list "Monaco Doll","Husswick","Salterton"

as above using "" and separated by commas

Let us know if that works.

Hi
I think I've found the problem. In AUS racing markets there is a number which is included in the selections name. I think it is stall number. For it to be read from the text file, that number should be included in the text file exactly as shown on Betfair.

See screenshot  

Update:
just tested it and yes it works

text file should be:

<stall number><space><Name>
2. Billionaire Bob
etc.

• All members
Thanks Mark and mcbee,

WOW that is a nightmare for me as I get my selections from a tipster service they do not include the sequential list numbers in front of the selections:

1. selection name
2. selection name

The is the list number not the stall or barrier number, we list from 1 to 18 runners.

Your jpg is of a trotting or pacing race, I only concentrate on Gallops / thoroughbreds.

The list number is for the race book then they print what barrier or stall it will race from.

Is there any chance of an update to MF pro for us OZZY punters???

Is there any way around this you can think of.

I would be happy to help you guys understand better how our races work. It would be good if you could select out the 3 racing codes we have down under also:

gallops - trotters - pacers

I will try mcbee's suggestion

Thanks for your time  :)

Bonecrusher

• Élite
hi
i think that for you it would be easier to use 2 profiles.
1 to use your selections(using the import option) and 1 for your other betting.

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE