Author Topic: help required formula betting changing "in play"/"idle" favourite  (Read 15617 times)

Tags:
  • All members
IF(market_mbnum=0,default_backa,IF(market_mbnum=1,default_backa+(bm_backa*.40),default_backa+(bm_backa*.10)))

mcbee,
I copied and pasted your latest formula and tested it.
Here are the results for one race
     BET     BELOW ARE WHAT THE BETS SHOULD BE
A   5.00    5.00
B   5.00    7.00  previous bet *1.4 (2nd bet always 40% higher)
A   5.50    7.70  previous bet *1.1
C   5.00    8.47 previous bet *1.1
D   5.00    9.32 previous bet *1.1
E   5.00   10.25 previous bet *1.1
C   5.50   11.27 previous bet *1.1
E   5.50    12.40 previous bet *1.1
C   5.55    13.64 previous bet *1.1
The procedure should be.
base bet     5.00
2nd bet       7.00  (very first bet *1.4)
3rd bet        7.70  previous bet *1.1
4th bet        8.47 previous bet *1.1
etc..... all bets after second bet is 10% higher than the previous bet.
horse ID does not come into it. therefore horse names or ID's need not to be remembered.
The only criteria required to trigger a bet is that there is a change of fav order
and the name of the horse does not matter. The first bet is a base bet. The second bet is 40% higher than the first bet and all other bets thereafter are 10% higher than the previous bet. A horse could be bet several times but each time treated as any other horse and betsize it 10% higher than previous bet.
Sorry for all the repetitiveness but I want to explain clearly as possible.
Thanks if you can help further
R

My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• Élite
hi
from the manual
market_mbnum  The total number of all matched back bets placed on all selections in the market

as you can see the market_mbnum in the formula should count how many bets are made per market, but for some reason it is not working
 i am looking to see if there is another way

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
hi mcbee,

I have modified the formula and the required bet amounts
now appear to be correct.
see below.

IF(market_mbnum=0,default_backa,IF(market_mbnum=1,default_backa+(bm_backa*.40),(bm_backa*1.10)))

The problem of betting on same horse consecutively still persists.
You earlier commented  "i noticed that if in play the fav changes pos back and fore within a split sec and this causes extra bets"
However the same horse is still bet even if it is minutes later.
Almost there just need your help to somehow completely stop consecutive bets.
Even if I need to wait a few seconds to place next bet.
Thanks
R

Hi
I added another condition to the remember trigger.
Untested

Update: it is still making consecutive bets. It occurs when the favourite changes and changes back again within 1 or 2 refreshes. I think what is needed is a definitive condition to stop it backing the same selection consecutively. I'll have a look at that later on.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Hi
Please make the following changes and retest the latest version:

In the trigger file: repeat the block no more often than 0.1 seconds (it will match the market refresh rate)
In Settings > Betting Options > Update list of bets > tick update list of bets individually for each market, tick simultaneously with refreshing the market.

The close block trigger waits for an updated list of bets. It could be during this delay the favourite changes and changes back again. The above settings change increases the frequency of the bets list update.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Hi
Here I have tried to do it all in one trigger. This should eliminate the close block delay. Initial testing looks good. You can use your default settings for updating list of bets.

• All members
Thanks MarkV,

You've managed to reduce it to a bare minimum. Brilliant!!
I am testing it out now although Monday is light on with
suitable racing. I'll know more on Tuesday and will get back to you.
Thanks
R

• All members
Hi,

It's strange that the formula below which I modified worked okay
on the same horse when the program was throwing up same horse
consecutively. But now the program has been corrected and seems
to work okay in that there are no occurrences of the same horse being bet
consecutively. But the staking plan has gone back to betting level stake bets.

IF(market_mbnum=0,default_backa,IF(market_mbnum=1,default_backa+(bm_backa*.40),(bm_backa*1.10)))

I noticed "bm_backa" relates to non SP bets. I have tested the trigger on South Africa races and wondered if they are non SP races ? They don't operate inplay betting.
I'm about to check out UK races.
Thanks
R

Hi
market_mbnum and bm_backa need an updated list of bets to return correct values. If log trigger expressions is on in the settings, you should be able to see in the trigger log what is happening in the formula.

The trigger is currently repeating at 0.1 seconds. This must be too quick to get an updated list of bets. Set the Execute no more often than 0.1 secs to a number of seconds greater than the update list of bets setting.

• All members
hi MarkV,

Thanks for the info on execute time.
However it appears there is a problem with my formula.
What I am trying to achieve is the following.
Horse Fav
Blue Lagoon     5.00 base bet
Slipping Away   7.00 second bet = base bet * 1.4
Blue Lagoon      7.70 third bet    = last bet *1.1
Willy Wonka      8.47 fourth bet  = last bet * 1.1
  etc etc...............................................
The good news is that the changing fav is working okay
and no more consecutive bets.
Would you mind checking out my formula....There is obviously something wrong with it
Thanks again
R

• Élite
hi
try

IF(market_mbnum=0,default_backa,IF(market_mbnum=1,default_backa*1.40,(bm_backa*1.10)))
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
hi
it is only picking up the last bet on the selection not the last bet placed.
so when it hits 3 selection, the third selection has no prev bet to calculate and it does not place a bet.
i am working on it now

mcbee

• All members
Thanks mcbee,

moving closer here are the results of a race just before the off.
Horse                     Bet       This is what it should be
Atlantic Crossing   5.00         5.00
Ortac Rock             7.00        7.00   base bet *1.4
Atlantic Crossing    5.50        8.47   last bet *1.1
Ortac Rock              7.70        9.32    etc
Atlantic Crossing    6.05        10.25  etc
Ortac Rock              8.47        11.28
Atlantic Crossing     6.66        12.40
Ortac Rock              9.32         13.64
The changing order is perfect now. We also got off to a good start with the first
two bet amounts. However after that it seems the bets are linked to the
horse names. I would like them to be sequential as above.
Any more ideas? Almost there and learning a lot from this exercise. Are these
just   IF/Then/Else Excel functions? is the program written in Excel/VBA ?
Thanks
R

ps.... I've just this second read your latest post

• Élite
hi
this is the closest i can get because the trigger does not know the last bet placed.

IF(market_mbnum=0,default_backa,IF(market_mbnum=1,default_backa*1.40,(default_backa*1.40)+((default_backa*1.40)*(market_mbnum*.10))))

this gives

mcbee

• Élite
hi
the problem with this system, is when the fav changes place below 2.00 odds, i need more than 10% to make up the difference in losses

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE