Author Topic: Horse racing: Getting a part of a name from the corresponding win market  (Read 4879 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,
I've tried to extract, if the corresponding win market contains Hcap (this part is missing in place markests)
I know you can write winplace_market_name.... But then I cannot use the comparisson operator "contains"....
And the function FIND does not seem to work.
Any ideas??
Thanks in advance!

Hi
Some string functions would come in handy for doing this.

mcbee describes setting a 'flag' variable to do it here:
http://community.welldonesoft.com/triggered-betting-10/place-market-bet-based-on-condition-in-win-market-name/
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Thanks for your reply.
Hmm, i've tried to set a variable (for each market) in another Trigger and then check the value with my betting trigger, but it didn't recognize the var.
And if I set the var globally it'd get set and reset all the time.
Will try to mess around with it for a while :)

Hi
Selection's Trigger Expression FIND("Hcap", "winplace_market_name") is greater than 0
just tested it and it seems to work OK
both win and place markets must be loaded into My Markets
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Hi!
Thank you once again!
I tried it but it always returns 0
I think it's because if you put winplace_market_name in brackets it sees it as a string instead of it's value.
And otherwise, the function does not seem to work, or I can't get it to work.. ;(

Hi!
Thank you once again!
I tried it but it always returns 0
I think it's because if you put winplace_market_name in brackets it sees it as a string instead of it's value.
And otherwise, the function does not seem to work, or I can't get it to work.. ;(
Hi
Did you use the quotation marks exactly as I show? It returns > 0 in testing.
To test you can use Action: write to action log instead of bet and view the log
Are you sure you are loading Hcap markets?
if still no luck, you can post your trigger here so we check it

• All members
Ups, something went wrong, please don't ask...  ;D
In the end I happily confirm that FIND, as ou suggetsted it, works!
MarkV, Thanks again for your help!!!!!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE