Author Topic: Horse Racing - Place Markets  (Read 1652 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Horse Racing - Place Markets
« on: 14 Jun 2021, 14:26 »
Hello,

I need some help about how I can bet in place market´s based on the SP of the Win Market and not based on the SP of the Place Market?

I have some bots to run, but some of them are running in the weekends and others are running through the week. Is there any variable to distinguish weekends (Saturday and Sunday) from days of the week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Fryday)?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Best regards

Re: Horse Racing - Place Markets
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2021, 15:46 »
Hi

In the Place market trigger use winplace_actual_sp

Example conditions for days of week:
global current time is between Mon and Fri

global current time is outside Mon and Fri

global current time is equal to Sat
or global current time is equal to Sun

(1st day of week in MFP is Sun)  
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2021, 08:22 »
Thanks MarkV.... I think I can do this changes.... New to this software....

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2021, 13:09 »
Hello again MarkV....

I´m struggling to "read" the distance of a race. I want to lay in the place market based on the distance. I know that the place markets don´t have the distance.

How can I solve this?

Thanks

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2021, 13:26 »
Hi
In the Place market trigger use the variable: winplace_market_length

both Win and Place markets should be monitored for it to work
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2021, 14:46 »
Works perfectly.... Thanks again....

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jun 2021, 10:41 »
Hello again..... I´m sorry to be being boring, but need to confirm if this is correct....

In the image I have those conditions:

1- Bet is to be in-play market;
2- Number of horses is between X and Y;
3- The rating of the race is between Class 2 and Class 5 (56 to 110);
4- Distance of the race betwen X and Y;
5- Second and third favorites based in the Win Market;
6- Second and third favorites odds are between X and Y based in the Win Market;

So, I want to (1) bet in-play (right after the beggining of the race or when the SP are settle) a dutching lay on the (5) 2nd and 3rd favorites in the Win Market and (6) if the odds of both horses are between certain range....

Is this is correct? Or there are something to change? Another issue is to guarantee that the bets are matched. how can I guarantee that?

Note, that the Dutching Lay is in the Place Market.....

Thank you

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jun 2021, 21:09 »
Hi
Please see attached screenshot. I have adjusted the values a bit to be able to easily test. I use Time Machine to test.
winplace_sel_order is what you should use for rank in Win market
I also added a condition which makes sure 2 selections match all the conditions

Regarding all bets get matched, there are no guarantees especially in-play. But if you have a look at the Offset Ticks for the Dutching Lay trigger action it may be of help. Otherwise you might want to put in a stop loss trigger to match any unmatched bets at best available price.

from the manual:
Offset Ticks - Dutching Lay
Specify the number of ticks by which to offset the price of each bet in the Dutching bundle. If you set it to a positive number (or an expression that evaluates to a positive number), the price will be increased by that number of ticks, and if the number is negative, the price will be decreased by this number of ticks. The book% will also be calculated based on the new prices. Note: if the price offset is negative with back Dutching or positive with lay Dutching, the book% will be calculated based on the current best prices, yet the bets will be placed at adjusted prices. Example: if you lay with a 3 ticks offset, and the current lay price of a selection is 2.0, the book will include 100/2.0 as the selection's chance for winning, yet the bet will be submitted at the price of 2.06. This will ensure a higher chance of matching the bet.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE