Author Topic: How do I define the SP favourite?  (Read 9336 times)

Tags:
  • All members
How do I define the SP favourite?
« on: 27 May 2013, 10:24 »
Having read the manual, and wanting to back or lay the SP favourite in running, I know I can't simply select the 'favourite' as I'll be selecting the horse with the lowest price at the moment the bet is struck, which in many cases will not be the SP favourite.

According to the manual, I believe I can define the SP favourite as the horse whose last order is equal to 1.

My problem is that 'last_order' is not in the menu of variables applicable to any selection.

How, therefore, do I create the condition that the selection should be the SP favourite?

Any advice will be appreciated.

• Élite
Re: How do I define the SP favourite?
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2013, 10:29 »
hi
when in-play you could use the condition
and selections actual starting price is the minimum
this will pick the selection with the lowest SP, so it must be the favourite

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2013, 10:53 »
Looks good to me, McBee.

Thanks.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2013, 13:21 »
It looks like the right condition but it's not working for me.

I've set the condition "and selection's actual starting price is the minimum' but MFP has just backed a horse whose SP was 4.3 in a race where the favourite's SP was 2.62

And it's just backed a horse whose SP was 34 when the favourite's SP was 4.8

Any suggestions?

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2013, 14:42 »
hi
the condition has to be the first condition in a set of conditions.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2013, 14:58 »
Hi i dont know if this is what you are after this will lay the fav in play

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2013, 15:45 »
hi
the condition has to be the first condition in a set of conditions.

mcbee

No joy, McBee.

Even with that condition as the first condition, the trigger selects the in-running fav regardless of its position in the SP market.

However, having studied the manual (again), I get the impression that the condition you suggest must the last condition in the list rather than the first.

I'll try it and let you know.

P.S. I've just tried it and it still doesn't work. The trigger still selects the in-running fav regardless of its position in the SP market.

P.P.S. No, having read the manual (again), I believe the expression 'the minimum' refers to the minimum value amaong all selections that fit the other trigger conditions. It does not refer to the minimum value among all horses in the race.

It seems we need another way of defining the SP fav.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2013, 16:03 »
Hi i dont know if this is what you are after this will lay the fav in play

Hi,

That trigger selects the horse whose selection index = 1.

However, the manual, when defining 'selection index', says "Please note! Index is not the same as the selection's place in the list of selections sorted by their price. Therefore, the favourite's index will not necessarily be 1."

The trigger would select the fav if you made it a condition that selection order = 1, but that would be the fav at the moment the bet was struck, surely? So it wouldn't necessarily select the SP fav if the bet was struck in-play. It would select the in-running fav, which may or may not also be the SP fav.

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2013, 16:43 »
hi
can you include your trigger so that i can see why it is choosing the in-play favourite.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2013, 16:46 »
I can tell you.

Having read the manual (again), I believe the expression 'the minimum' refers to the minimum value among all selections that fit the other trigger conditions. It does not refer to the minimum value among all horses in the race.

It seems we need another way of defining the SP fav.

It might be that the expression we need is "the minimum (of all)"

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2013, 17:43 »
hi
yes you are correct.
this is why it must be the first condition in the conditions.
when it is the first condition, it looks at all the sp prices and selects the lowest price.
then the trigger looks at your other conditions.
this is why i need to see the trigger, so that i can work out why it is not picking the sp favourite.
use the additional options, below the reply post screen, to add the trigger

mcbee

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2013, 17:50 »
Hi Rumpole,

There is a special condition which lets you sort selections by any parameter you want. Selection's sorting order is defined by...
Take a look at the attached trigger. Pay attention to the fact that the conditions must come first, otherwise they will select the minimum SP price of the selections that matched other conditions. I added a third and fourth dummy conditions which you can replace with yours or remove altogether.

Having read the manual (again), I believe the expression 'the minimum' refers to the minimum value among all selections that fit the other trigger conditions. It does not refer to the minimum value among all horses in the race.
It might be that the expression we need is "the minimum (of all)"

And you are correct in this. The right option is "the minimum overall".
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
« Reply #12 on: 28 May 2013, 05:21 »
hi Rumpole
i have done many tests to see why you would get a different favourite.
the conclusion was that you must have had your trigger set to favourite.
if using a condition to choose a selection by favourite or index then you need to set the trigger to all matching selections or first matching selection.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 28 May 2013, 14:05 »
Hi Rumpole,
I tried to create the simple trigger you mentioned and it works correct. Only one thing occurs to me. Please check the market status in your trigger. It must be set to 'In play'.
Sorry for this maybe obvious comment ...

mkas

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 28 May 2013, 20:19 »
Hi Rumpole i ran the trigger i posted all day today and laid the fav every time i also ran one for backing the fav at 2 in play and it worked perfect

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE