Author Topic: How to bet on imported selection based on price on a different trap?  (Read 566 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I got a text file with greyhound selections which I import every day. I would like to bet on the dog if some criteria in other traps is fulfilled. Let’s assume that I would like to bet on the imported selection in box 1 if the back price of trap 4 is less than 5.0. I don’t know the name of the dog in trap 4 and I can’t use s_4_back_price because if there is a non-runner in between the selection and trap number would not match. I guess that I would use sel_trap in some way but I can’t figure out how.

Hi
I think you can do what you want using s_4_back_price etc. and it would be safer to just avoid betting in markets if there is a withdrawn runner or reserve. Betfair rules are clear bets are on trap numbers, not selection names.

To prevent betting in these markets, if that is what you prefer, you can have a number of safety conditions:
withdrawn_number is equal to 0
runner_number is equal to 6
every selections name does not contain "(Res)"
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE