Author Topic: I smell a rat. [TCKT01062013SMLT]  (Read 8884 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I smell a rat. [TCKT01062013SMLT]
« on: 01 Jun 2013, 22:39 »
I have a trigger v6 set to take SP.
My bet is unmatched at
Code: [Select]
GB / Epsm 1st Jun / 01:00 1m4f Grp1 Ruler Of The World Back 27473920360 02-Jun-13 00:59 C 8.6 36.04 Unmatched    
My trigger is set to TAKE SP.

Why has my bet reported as lapsed and I miss out on this winner?
Log and trigger attached.
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
Re: I smell a rat.
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jun 2013, 23:04 »
Log file attached
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jun 2013, 05:11 »
hi
your bet was sent out at 8.6, if the sp was set at 8.4 or less then the bet would not be matched as the price is lower than your requested price.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jun 2013, 06:29 »
Damm...I wasn't aware of that condition. SP was $8.15

That hurt.

Thanks mcbee

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
Re: I smell a rat. [TCKT01062013SMLT]
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2013, 22:58 »
I encountered another lapsed bet and another winner.
GB / Newt 10th Jun / 01:30 3m3f Hcap Hrd Little Eaglet Back 27629479215 11-Jun-13 01:29  C 5.9 46.01 Unmatched

Here's the mystery. I run UK races on the MFPro 6 platform. The loaded xml is named UKsys_02Jun_UKR (Named so, beause that;s the day I changed it after encountering the original problem from this thread). Within it, is a trigger that handles horses (matched from a list on Excel) that are between $2.0 and $9.0. The trigger is named 'UK Naps <=3 <$5_2' the log report seems to convert the operator to words, so the log file is named 'UK Naps UK Naps less than =3 greater than $5_2.txt' I note the range doesn't match the trigger, however I double checked and the price range is set to

Selections back price is between 2 and 9

Formerly, from an xml file I had a similar trigger that handled the same horses that were between $5 and $9. It had a price setting of r_ticks(back_price,2)

My problem is, I suspect, I have missed being matched and it's is because the bet was being submitted as r_ticks(back_price,2). So I changed the trigger to back_price2. To give me some insurance I will get matched.

Today after discovering I missed another $225 I went searching why. What I found is very unusual. Here's the extract from the MFPr6 log.
"Checking condition: and  Selection's Back Unmatched is equal to 0
Condition is true. valid for 1 selections: Little Eaglet.
Checking condition: and  Selection's Lay Unmatched is equal to 0
Checking condition: and  Selection's Back Price is between 5 and 9

Going to Back in market "Horse Racing - Todays Card / 01:30 Newt 11 Jun" on the following selections :
   Little Eaglet, $ 46.01 at 5.90"

The important section is this "Selection's Back Price is between 5 and 9" This is a condition from the old trigger?? A previous rule I changed after I had a similar issue that I posted on this thread. At least 01Jun13.

Now the trigger loaded doesn't have that rule. Its rule is

Selections back price is between 2 and 9

and the price submission was r_ticks(back_price,-1) I have since changed to to back_price2 today but I doubt it will make a difference while this xml keeps using this old rule from the Ethernet.

How and why is this trigger retaining an old rule from a trigger block I can't find? I recall this rule and I have checked old xml files? It is not in recent updates but I know the rule.

Note: I only have one MFPro running at night on this PC and on this account. I have another laptop running but different account. How/Why is this happening?

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2013, 07:50 »
hi
without the triggers to test, it is very hard to give a reason.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2013, 12:31 »
I was going to attach them mcbee but its' just the price condition that is unusual.
The trigger is set to between Selections Back Price is between 2 to 9 and the log file reports:
Selection's Back Price is between 5 and 9<<< where did it get these parameters from?

The give away was it the price amount. The old trigger was 0.5% and the new one is 1%. It continues to bet 0.5%

I had already changed them when sending the original post. I will monitor and see what happens in the next few nights.

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2013, 12:42 »
That doesn't make sense  ??? I know this is ridiculously obvious, but have you "reloaded" the triggers since you amended and saved them?

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 11 Jun 2013, 12:56 »
MFP 6 doesn't have Reload
Improvise Adapt Overcome

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jun 2013, 13:16 »
Hi
I was wondering if it might be worth a try to create a new trigger file and paste in the triggers / blocks from the current trigger file, except the offending trigger. Re-write just that one?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 11 Jun 2013, 13:34 »
Same trigger. This time the horse was <$5. As I open the triggers running under the Triggers button(MFP6)> Selection's Back Price is between 2 and 9 the here's the log text.

Checking condition: and  Selection's Back Price is less than 5
Condition is true. valid for 1 selections: Baccalaureate.
Checking condition: and  Trigger Expression cell_querymarket_id_R1 is less than .59
Condition is true. valid for 1 selections: Baccalaureate.

Going to Back in market "Horse Racing - Todays Card / 05:10 Sthl 11 Jun" on the following selections :
Baccalaureate, $ 91.80 at 4.70

I promise you, I have no idea how is it using rules like this, rules which I admit were around once and I have merely re-written in the same trigger and saved changes but it is honestly grabbing rules from some time in history that no longer exist.
Bizarre !  I am staying up tonight to grad some instant evidence from the logs about what it is doing.
Improvise Adapt Overcome

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE