Author Topic: Identifying race time in a market name  (Read 2202 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Identifying race time in a market name
« on: 20 May 2013, 12:23 »
Hi everyone

I'm trying to use the market selector to only load races with certain times in their names.  I am adding a market property that says 'Markets name contains values in file' and then I direct it to a txt file with the times in.  However the values arent recognised.

As an example from today, I can put the word Newt into the txt file and the market locator loads todays races from  Newton Abbott as that is the suffix that betfair uses for that track.  Yet if I change that one word to 14:50, expecting the market locator to pick the race which starts at 14:50, it draws a blank.

In the above example I didn't put quotation marks around the word Newt in my list, but I've tried putting quotes around the time 14:50 and it makes no difference.

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong or how to make it work with numbers rather than words from the market name?

• Administrator
Re: Identifying race time in a market name
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2013, 08:38 »
Hi armarni,

I'm sorry, since the time is not a part of the market's name as we received it from BetFair, and because the program adds the time tag, there is no way to look for 14:50 in the Market Locator.

What you can do instead is to load all markets and then delete the ones you don't need using a trigger. Now in triggers you can check the time tag in the market's name, so add this condition to the trigger:

Market's Name does not contain "14:50"
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Re: Identifying race time in a market name
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2013, 14:19 »
thanks for the answer Oxa, I'll remove certain markets that way instead.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE