Author Topic: Import selections and "imported_1" etc question  (Read 1519 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,
just playing with Imported selections as a means of conveying whether a selection should be a back or a lay and any staking information.  So I thought a text file along the lines of:

MightyMeg "B" 3
Basildon "L" 1

would suffice, each parameter being separated by a tab character of course.
What I have found is that the first selection in the list for the first market rightly returns the expected values for imported_1 and imported_2 (as per the screenshot).  However, for the second market, imported_1 and imported_2 are blank as indeed they are for all the following markets (as per the second screenshot).  I have been trying different variable types (chars v numbers) to see if that makes a difference but it doesn't.  So I am completely stumped as to why it only works for the first market and no others thereafter.  The selections themselves are being imported correctly, but not the data that follows.

Any thoughts as to why?

regards

Wez

• Élite
Re: Import selections and "imported_1" etc question
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2019, 13:56 »
hi
you need to include the index number when using the variable screen because it does not know what selection you want the info for.
s_1_imported_1 = index 1
so for your second screen shot you need to type
s_2_imported_1 = index 2
the trigger looks at all selections to find the name etc

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2019, 17:00 »
Thanks McBee.

So a trigger using "all matching selections" can still just use imported_1 and imported_2 in trigger expressions and it will be resolved to the appropriate imported selection, even if there is more than one in a race?  i.e. the s_1_, s_2_, prefix is only needed for the view variables window?

many thanks

Wez

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2019, 17:09 »
hi
yes the trigger will link the name with the imported values.
if you use the imported a lot then it might be better to have s_1_imported_1 etc to s_12_imported _1 etc or to the max index that your selections use , or you can use the rank in place of index if your system is rank related.
r_1_  =  rank

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Desenvolvedores de trigger
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2019, 09:19 »
Hi

I use this way and never fails to me

"2. Try Again"  3   55

Desenvolvedor de triggers oficial Market Feeder pro

Também faço:
Cursos sobre Market Feeder pro (gratuitos)
Triggers (gratuitos para sempre)

Para saber informações contacte-me!

NOTA: TESTE SEMPRE OS SEUS TRIGGERS ANTES DE OS USAR COM FUNDOS REAIS!

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2019, 14:38 »
hi pcal72
the problem is not the way the import is typed in the list , it is when you want to look at the values in the variable screen as questioned in the first post.

mcbee

• Desenvolvedores de trigger
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2019, 18:13 »
Yes you right mcbee

pcal72
Desenvolvedor de triggers oficial Market Feeder pro

Também faço:
Cursos sobre Market Feeder pro (gratuitos)
Triggers (gratuitos para sempre)

Para saber informações contacte-me!

NOTA: TESTE SEMPRE OS SEUS TRIGGERS ANTES DE OS USAR COM FUNDOS REAIS!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE