Author Topic: importing selections  (Read 7115 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: importing selections
« Reply #15 on: 26 Jul 2015, 19:35 »
so, from that, do I need a selections file setup?

If you only want to bet on specific horses you can use a text file maybe horse.txt and you write the names in that file. You can then use a condition in the trigger...

selections is in file  c:\....\horse.txt

• All members
« Reply #16 on: 26 Jul 2015, 21:48 »
Referring to your opening post you don't need to specify race meetings, all you need is a text file with the horses' names listed in a column with one horse on each line.  Then use the import selections button, navigate to the .txt file and when the import is successful, all the selections on the market screen will grey out apart from the imported selection.

It is important to spell the names accurately.  For example Betfair do not use any punctuation within the names like apostrophies.

You still need to make an attempt at a trigger and then post it here for further help if it doesn't work as expected.  Also looking at the various trigger examples is a good method of advancing up the learning curve without bothering much with the manual. 

• All members
« Reply #17 on: 26 Jul 2015, 22:12 »
Referring to your opening post you don't need to specify race meetings, all you need is a text file with the horses' names listed in a column with one horse on each line.  Then use the import selections button, navigate to the .txt file and when the import is successful, all the selections on the market screen will grey out apart from the imported selection.

It is important to spell the names accurately.  For example Betfair do not use any punctuation within the names like apostrophies.

You still need to make an attempt at a trigger and then post it here for further help if it doesn't work as expected.  Also looking at the various trigger examples is a good method of advancing up the learning curve without bothering much with the manual.  

I think using this condition..

selections is in file  c:\....\horse.txt

is better you don'tneed to to any manually loading, if you have "reread file" checked you can have a software that updating the file with data from internet and everyting is automatic.

As you are a programmer you can easily make your own software fetching data from internet and updating the file horse.txt.

• All members
« Reply #18 on: 27 Jul 2015, 06:45 »
Thanks for the answers, lets see how today goes. I setup a basic trigger with the following constants..

unit_size  1
min_runners  3
max_runners  32
min_odds  7.0
max_odds  15.0
min_before_off  0.2 (through tupp's help in another post)

I will also load (and update as needed) the horse.txt file, though import selections button

Do I need to put any conditions in in the trigger below the constants section in order to get this to run?

thanks

Mark.

• All members
« Reply #19 on: 27 Jul 2015, 08:58 »
Thanks for the answers, lets see how today goes. I setup a basic trigger with the following constants..

unit_size  1
min_runners  3
max_runners  32
min_odds  7.0
max_odds  15.0
min_before_off  0.2 (through tupp's help in another post)

I will also load (and update as needed) the horse.txt file, though import selections button

Do I need to put any conditions in in the trigger below the constants section in order to get this to run?

thanks

Mark.

Below the constant section is where the triggers are builded:

you need to make an action....start with Lay - did you miss that part?

• All members
« Reply #20 on: 27 Jul 2015, 09:08 »
press the button "Add trigger" below constant section...

But I think it would be easier for you to start with a sample trigger and modifi it.

http://www.marketfeederpro.com/learn/triggers/by-tag/tags/lay/

• All members
« Reply #21 on: 27 Jul 2015, 10:40 »
Sorry but you won't get anywhere this way.  You need an actual trigger with conditions.  If it is so alien to you, as it seems, then I would recommend using the Make me a Trigger Service.  Once you hava a trigger that matches your requirements, you will then be able to modify it,  as you should understand what it is doing.

« Reply #22 on: 27 Jul 2015, 11:02 »
Hi,

Rubold is correct.

The best way to learn how to design your own trigger is put up a request, either public or private, with precise instructions of everything you need and someone will write it for you. Then you test and test the trigger, learning how it works, the sequences and the flow of the conditions etc etc.

Then, you save the trigger under a different title; go ahead and change some conditions or add another firing trigger etc etc and experiment in that way on many test markets, always keeping the original trigger unchanged for reference purposes. If you come across something specific that doesn't work as you think it should, then you use the search forum for similiar previously solved issued.

You will have many many queries in the first month or even two.

• All members
« Reply #23 on: 27 Jul 2015, 16:20 »
OK, tried this trigger with these selections,

but MFP made no selections

can you help?

thanks

Mark.

« Reply #24 on: 27 Jul 2015, 17:07 »
Hi,

Selection names in the file should be exactly as they are shown on the Mfpro screen, Capital letters and lower case.

I made some other alterations, like using the same abbreviations the trigger writers on here use, in that way you will quickly know the terms offbyheart.

Re-enter the file name in the conditions. Re-type the selections list exactly as per the screens and away you go with it. Bets are to set to be matched at BSP, you can change that to cancel or keep (in-play) if you wish.

Make sure you have extra funds in the test funds to make sure the bets are placed. Keep this trigger on test, as it will lose you money in real.

Larp

• Élite
« Reply #25 on: 27 Jul 2015, 18:34 »
hi markoone11
it would be a lot easier if you made a free trigger request and explain what you require, then you can look at the trigger and work out what conditions go with your request.
many years ago i learned only from looking at triggers and working out what each condition does, then if you need to alter anything, you know exactly where to look.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #26 on: 27 Jul 2015, 20:00 »
Hi,

Selection names in the file should be exactly as they are shown on the Mfpro screen, Capital letters and lower case.

I made some other alterations, like using the same abbreviations the trigger writers on here use, in that way you will quickly know the terms offbyheart.

Re-enter the file name in the conditions. Re-type the selections list exactly as per the screens and away you go with it. Bets are to set to be matched at BSP, you can change that to cancel or keep (in-play) if you wish.

Make sure you have extra funds in the test funds to make sure the bets are placed. Keep this trigger on test, as it will lose you money in real.

Larp

thank you very much Larp. I am sorry for my delay in replying, I have had some tech difficulties which meant I wasn't able to be online. I look forward to viewing the adjusted trigger and following your instructions..

Mark.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE