Author Topic: In Play refreshes are irregular and stall  (Read 1871 times)

Tags:
  • All members
In Play refreshes are irregular and stall
« on: 29 May 2016, 16:29 »
I now run only in play triggers on my VPS.  The broadband download speed is around 90 Mb/s and obviously not dependent on a wireless network.  I am using a refresh rate of 0.4s and although most of the time there are regular market refreshes at this rate, often, at least several times per race the refreshes stall for up to 2 sec, for no apparent reason.  Does anyone have any idea why this happens? 

• All members
Re: In Play refreshes are irregular and stall
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2016, 07:27 »
Fairly normal behaviour... I assumed its just betfairs servers being overloaded.....

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2016, 10:19 »
If I watch the markets I see this happening as well...sometimes the refreshes are quick as lightning and other times there are pauses and stutters that can last for a few seconds.  I have no idea what causes it and if it's server side or not.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2016, 21:19 »
MarketFeeder waits for the previous refresh being completed before sending a new one.
So the real refresh rate often less than set.
Usually the connection delays is the main reason.
But in your case it could be triggers and/or logs.
Try to switch off the triggers or logging for unimportant triggers to make sure.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jun 2016, 18:30 »
Thanks for the comments.   LarpHager had come across this problem and  reported to me that he was using an older version of the program: 8.1.2.1 and this had largely solved the problem of stalling refreshes.  I have tried this over the past week and I must say that the stalling has completely vanished and refreshes seem very regular.  This could be a coincidence with simultaneous Betfair server improvements, but at present I am very satisfied with the bot performance.  I might even risk a faster refresh rate.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE