Author Topic: Incorrect start times  (Read 2331 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Incorrect start times
« on: 07 Dec 2018, 14:15 »
I have encountered this problem a few times in recent weeks but never managed to capture adequate data for analysis. I am running version 8.6.1.4.

The market Selector automatically loads UK & IRE win horse race markets at 21:47 every day. An auto-trading selection file is also loaded usually around 22:00.

You will see from the attached screen shots that 2 events have the incorrect start time. I have entered the formula event_start-now-time in the View User Variables window and this corresponds in value with the (incorrect) 'Starts at' countdown.

The events are now over. If I manually refresh them then the Winner is displayed but the countdown is still counting to the incorrect start time.

Thanks

• Administrator
Re: Incorrect start times
« Reply #1 on: 07 Dec 2018, 17:07 »
That's interesting and puzzling!

I had the same races loaded on my VPS, and the one at 12:50 Sand started roughly on time and finished at 12:56. The only difference I see is that I loaded it this morning and by that time it had 8 runners, not 16, so half of the field was withdrawn.

I'm not sure how to explain this. Possibly market data can change with time? An error by a BetFair data operator?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2018, 07:10 »
Just spotted this again with 28/12 1200 Sthl.
event_start_timestr showed 13:35:00
market_name showed 12:00 as the time part of the string
MFP display top right 'starts at' showed 13:35

Thanks

Mike

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2018, 10:29 »
Further to my earlier post the reason this is causing me problems is that I place a bet in the morning and green it up just before the off. So the incorrect timings mean it never gets greened as the countdown to the off is incorrect.

If I could detect the problem then I could be alerted and deal with it. I could use something like FIND("event_start_timestr", "market_name") and if the result is zero then send an e-mail. However event_start_timestr contains seconds and market_name doesn't and I don't believe there are text manipulation tools that allow me to compare just the leftmost 5 characters of the time. Do you have any suggestions as to how I could spot the problem?

Thanks

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2018, 10:53 »
hi
you could use 
and markets race status is going down
in place of your time condition in the green trigger , it won't fix the problem but it is a better work around.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2018, 11:38 »
Unfortunately I need to place the bet just before the off so that is too vague.
Thanks anyway.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2018, 11:53 »
hi
there is also  at the post , you cannot get better than that.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2018, 12:05 »
Unfortunately on occasions status goes from 'at the post' to inplay almost immediately which again can mean the bet gets missed. I'm not being awkward, just had a lot of experience of near the off timings!! And the minute you are in play there is a chance the bet is not matched.

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 03 Feb 2019, 16:03 »
If you are betting with real money, you could use Market Locator to clear all markets from My Market at a specific time of the day, say, at 12:00, and re-add them back to the program. What happens is MF Pro will download all market data from scratch, and the markets will start refreshing at the right time.

We will be dealing with this problem for one of our future versions, I have taken note of it.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE