Author Topic: Incorrect triggering  (Read 3431 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Incorrect triggering
« on: 01 Oct 2017, 08:57 »
I often need to reload triggers when bets have already been placed so always include a check on matched or unmatched bets to avoid a second bet in such an instance.

However I occasionally experience a problem where the bets are not correctly registered and is therefore incorrectly placed again. The attached log extracts show such a case.

At 07:01:55 it shows a bet being placed on Ajman King
At 07:07:22 I reload the triggers, (see the last entry which was copied from the Program Log)
At 07:07:58 you can see the trigger starts proccessing again - this first time checking for selections matched back bets=0 which returns FALSE, ie the earlier bet was indeed placed and has been registered by MF Pro as matched. This sequence repeats at 07:08:56.
However at 07:09:41 this same check now incorrectly returns the result TRUE and the bet on Ajman King is placed again.

Obviously I can't have cancelled the matched bet and Ajman King is still in the running so something unusual appears to be going on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mike

• Administrator
Re: Incorrect triggering
« Reply #1 on: 03 Oct 2017, 09:34 »
Hello!

The first question is, was this in test or real mode? Can you also attach the program log for that period of time please.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2017, 09:44 »
Hi Oxa,

This was real mode. I have attached the log for the time period.

Thanks

Mike

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2017, 10:19 »
Judging from the log, you were in front of your computer at the time. Did you notice if the blue box for the back matched bet was there in the "Matched Bets" all the time, or whether it temporarily disappeared?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 03 Oct 2017, 10:41 »
Yes I was in front of the computer but I didn't specifically notice whether it disappeared temporarily on this occasion. I suspect not as when I have had this problem before, ie a matched bet with the blue box, and have re-loaded the triggers, the blue box does disappear and then comes back only as you would expect and doesn't just randomly disappear for a few seconds. I thought it was maybe a timing issue with the trigger firing before matched bets were re-loaded so you will see I now wait a period of time (now_time-inittime) before the trigger will fire but despite this the problem still occured.

When the problem occurs it appears to be repeatable so if I keep reloading the triggers it keeps incorrectly generating a bet so I don't think it is a comms issue.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 03 Oct 2017, 11:10 »
Please attach the screenshot of your Betting Options.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 03 Oct 2017, 11:14 »
Attached.
Thanks

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 03 Oct 2017, 13:36 »
I see.
Tick "Update bets individually for each market". That should fix your problem.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 03 Oct 2017, 13:43 »
Fantastic - thanks.
Please can you explain what is going on.

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 04 Oct 2017, 07:05 »
When you set the program to download bets simultaneously with the market refresh, it does exactly that, i.e. immediately picks the bets you placed in that market from the BF server, at the same rate as your market prices are refreshed.

When this option is off, the program updates all bets from all markets once in a while (in your case, it was once in 3 seconds). Naturally, if your markets are refreshed faster than that (say, every 0.5 sec), the bets may not be there in time for your trigger to act on them, so upon your first refresh of the market, the trigger does not "see" the bets yet.

That should explain your problem.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 04 Oct 2017, 08:32 »
Thanks Oxa, that was my understanding.
However the trigger went through a couple of refresh cycles after the triggers were reloaded which correctly indicated that there was a matched bet on the selection before the error occured.

Mike

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 04 Oct 2017, 08:43 »
So basically this looks like the bet temporarily disappeared from your list of bets. Don't have any plausible explanation at hand to be honest. Does this happen on a regular basis?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 21 Nov 2017, 10:03 »
This happened again this morning.
I have attached trigger logs which show that a lay bet was definately matched when checked at 08:04 but later at 09:11:18 you  can see that lay_matched=0, (incorrectly) and hence a second bet was placed.

You will see in the Program Log at the bottom that there were comms problems at 09:11:12. (I think my PC was in standby between 8.45 and 9.10 ish) so presumably the list of bets hadn't been correctly updated when the bet was made. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

My settings are set to update bets every 3s but I'm assuming this problem will be caused irrespective of this.

Thanks

Mike

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 21 Nov 2017, 10:33 »
Hello!

Oh yes, this problem has definitely to do with the error that occurred while the program was trying to update a list of bets. You need to find a way to stop running triggers until your Internet connection is resumed, as this may also cause other problems (such as errors in win/lose history, current bank, etc.).

Before switching your PC to standby, stop refreshing the markets, and then resume them after your statement, funds and list of bets have been updated.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

« Reply #14 on: 21 Nov 2017, 10:46 »
Hi
If I could just add to this, MFP requires a continual and uninterrupted computing facility and internet connection to Betfair. It is very much recommended on the computer you have MFP you set your power options to:
sleep = never
hibernate = never

I, like many MFP users, have a dedicated PC and it is on 24/7, no auto Microsoft updates, which are instead done manually during non-trading periods, no on-demand antivirus checking etc....just a permanently on PC for MFP.

Your other option is of course a VPS, plenty discussion on that subject on the forum.

Hope this helps :)
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE