Author Topic: Invalid Floating Point Operation  (Read 4202 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Invalid Floating Point Operation
« on: 24 Nov 2020, 14:53 »
Hi

Any clues as to what this error is about?  Today is the 1st time I've seen it, but its happened to 2 different versions of mfp running today.  One had it happen this morning, just after it loaded and started refreshing some markets, and the other had it happen this afternoon.  The version running this morning carried on fine after the error (by me clicking 'OK') but the other version of mfp crashed when I clicked 'OK'

Both where running Live, not in test mode.

• Administrator
Re: Invalid Floating Point Operation
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2020, 15:40 »
Another user reported this and I'm working to fix this. It seems to be connected with some irregularities in the name of one of the selections, I'm trying to find out what it could be.

Please let me know if the error comes back again tomorrow.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2020, 16:53 »
Thanks Oxa

It does keep happening today, so far on 4 version of mfp running in the UK/Irish horse racing markets.  Sometimes the programme exits when OK is clicked on the error message, and other times the programme carries on working.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2020, 15:13 »
It's happened again today, this time in a version of mfp that is running in worldwide markets other than UK horse racing, as well as in a version running using UK horse racing markets.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2020, 15:19 »
Are you using the different settings profile each time or the same settings?

Does the error come once and then does not bother you or does it come persistently as markets are refreshed?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2020, 19:33 »
Hi Oxa

I use Different settings profiles. They are often the same settings or very similar, but they are individual profiles for each version of mfp that I run.

MFP runs minimized on my taskbar.  When I maximize the programme to check on progress is when I notice the error.  Sometimes I have to clear maybe 3 or 4 versions of it(by clicking 'OK' each time.)  Other times it's just 1 error that has occured.

Mostly the errors seem to have no lasting effect on the programme, but I would say 20% of the time it causes that instance of mfp to crash.

I haven't been able to see a pattern yet.  It has occurred only in live versions of mfp, rather than test so far, for me.  It has happened in horse racing as well as other markets (not sure which ones as I monitor tennis and football amongst other sports)

It is unfortunately an issue though, as if the programme crashes that can obviously have an effect on any open positions that I have.

Good luck trying to work out what Betfair have mucked up this time!!!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2020, 15:24 »
Happening today in both live and test uk horse races. It hasn't crashed any of the 5 different versions of mfp that it has occurred in today.

Not moaning about it, just keeping you updated with how the problem is showing itself day by day.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2020, 15:30 »
Can I have a look at these unfortunate errors directly on your PC armarni? I'm having a hard time trying to reproduce them.

I will now send you a private message to discuss this.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 15 Feb 2021, 12:30 »
Hi,

I'm now getting tons of invalid floating point operation messages and have been since sometime last week.
Running 2 instances of MFP under 2 different Betfair accounts (so 4 instances in total) with the occasional 5th instance.  I have 2 independent installations, one on a short term licence, the other being a lifetime licence.

Problem seems to manifest itself when un-minimising an instance, irrespective of which one it is.
So maybe display related?

I have had a couple of situations where I have had to kill an instance using task manager because it was stuck in a loop of click okay on the error message only for it to immediately reappear.

Windows is fully up-to-date and PC has been rebooted several times to ensure it isn't pending an update.
Monitoring (test mode) and betting (real mode) on UK Greyhounds (lots of markets!) and occasionally (international) football correct score markets (real mode).

regards

Wez

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 15 Feb 2021, 12:32 »
Sorry, forgot to mention each version is running under a unique profile and has its own set of triggers

regards

Wez

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 15 Feb 2021, 13:29 »
Hi Wez

I gave Oxa a lot of log files which has allowed her to identify what she thinks is the culprit.  She is working on a solution now, which I believe will be in the next release of the software.

What you describe is exactly what happens on my machine running multiple profiles.  Keeping things minimized is a work around, although I realise that it's not a very practical one.

The problem is on their radar though, and they are working on a solution.

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 15 Feb 2021, 16:52 »
Thats good to hear, same thing is happening to me, i have to use task manager to close the program, somehow it stops my internet from working as well, so have to reboot internet

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 16 Feb 2021, 16:22 »
Getting the same thing again today.
I did a massive clear out of all my profile files last night (statements, trigger logs, etc) in the hope that might help but it hasn't.
I just brought a MFP window to the fore (one of 5 instances running), and it raised the exception.  Cleared it, then tried resizing the MFP "window".
Any attempt to change a border or window size gives the error.  It eventually crashed that instance.
So, it looks more and more like it is graphics/display related to me (said from a point of programming/coding ignorance!)

regards

Wez

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 16 Feb 2021, 16:46 »
Don't know whether this is related to the floating point exception or not....

Betfair account 1 - 2 instances, one in real mode (greyhounds), one in test (greyhounds).
Betfair account 2 - 3 instances, one in real mode (Football), 2 in test mode (greyhounds).

Clicking the Statement button for Betfair Account 2 real mode (football) instance is pulling up the statement for Betfair Account 1 real instance (greyhounds)!

Huh?

regards

Wez

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 17 Feb 2021, 09:26 »
Hi Wez

I can't comment on the switched around statements, but in regards to the error, I think all your efforts to create new profiles and delete logs etc won't change what's happening.  That's based on my experience of having done the same the same thing as you!

Visually you can see that when the error occurs, mfp isn't able to render the last selection in the market.  If it's a horse race, have a look at the bottom selection in the market while the error is on screen, and you will see what I mean.

I know that doesn't get you any closer to a solution, but I think this one is only fixable with an update of the software, which I believe is being worked on.  I found that clicking OK on the error messages more slowly stopped the programme crashing so much, ie, Initially I would hold down the return key to clear the multiple errors I was getting, but this would often crash the programme, so I clicked on ok with the mouse each time instead and that made a difference for me.

Hang in there!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE