Author Topic: Is a perfect trading trigger achieveable?  (Read 5831 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Is a perfect trading trigger achieveable?
« on: 12 Jul 2014, 09:15 »
18:28:03   Going to BACK on 1 selections:
      9. Always A Smile, $ 48.94 at 9.40;Unmatched bets will be cancelled at In-Play.

*18:32:59   AUS / Belm (AUS) 12th Jul/ 18:30 R8 1400m Hcap - AUS   9. Always A Smile   5.71   @ 9.40

*18:32:59   AUS / Belm (AUS) 12th Jul/ 18:30 R8 1400m Hcap - AUS   9. Always A Smile   44.68 @ 8.40

18:29:45   Selection: 9. Always A Smile, initial expr.: IF(FIND("Horse","market_name")=1,r_ticks(bm_backp,-1),r_ticks(bm_backp,-2)), intermediate: IF(FIND("Horse","Horse Racing / AUS / 18:30 Belm (AUS) 12th Jul - R8 1400m Hcap")=1,r_ticks(8.40,-1),r_ticks(8.40,-2)), final: 8.20.

18:29:45   Selection: 9. Always A Smile, initial expr.: bm_backp/r_ticks(bm_backp,-1)*bm_backa-(lay_matched+lay_unmatched), intermediate: 8.40/r_ticks(8.40,-1)*44.68-(0.0000000+45.7700005), final: -0.00024458.

*18:32:59   AUS / Belm (AUS) 12th Jul/ 18:30 R8 1400m Hcap - AUS   9. Always A Smile   45.77 @ 8.20

Firstly I don't use the Greenup command as I find it unsuitable so I construct my own formula. However it seems to be an endless challenge to eliminate errors.

In this race I submit a Back bet for $48.94 @ $9.40
I get $5.71 matched at 9.40
Then my trigger tries to get the balance matched, eventually matching $44.68 at 8.40

The greenup formula uses bm_backa but it only reports $44.68 as bm_backa missing the initial $5.71 matched at 9.40

Should I be using back_matched instead of bm_backa. If true what variables can I use to capture the multiple back price's in the case $9.40 and $8.40?

The amount formula crashed and I was left exposed.

*from account statement
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
Re: Is a perfect trading trigger achieveable?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2014, 00:00 »
Since I've had no replies to this I will rephrase it.

How do I prevent this unbalance Greenup position.

1. Submit a Back bet at $5.40
2. The Back bet is not matched after 10 secs
3. A 'cancel then back' trigger adjusts the $5.40 price by 1 tick to $5.20
4. This is where an error may occur.
         I get an error msg "Bet already matched, lapsed, or the Bet ID does not exist"
{Basically just as my 'cancel then back' trigger lodges a new bet, the original bet is reported as matched but it's too late as the back bet from 'cancel then back' trigger has been sent}

5. My greenup formula uses bm_backa and bm_backp but since the first Back bet has now been matched bm_backa and bm_backp don't capture the fully matched amounts. (They only capture the last Back bet being $5.20)

I am now left exposed with the first Back bet $5.40) uncovered by a lay bet. Since the Greenup formula and a Greenup trigger uses bm_backa & bm_backp

I tried using back_payout/back_matched by these are market variables and not selection variables so r_1_back_payout doesn't work. This may capture other back bets in the same market which is not wanted.

Any ideas Guru's?

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• Desenvolvedores de trigger
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2014, 07:00 »
Since I've had no replies to this I will rephrase it.

How do I prevent this unbalance Greenup position.

1. Submit a Back bet at $5.40
2. The Back bet is not matched after 10 secs
3. A 'cancel then back' trigger adjusts the $5.40 price by 1 tick to $5.20
4. This is where an error may occur.
         I get an error msg "Bet already matched, lapsed, or the Bet ID does not exist"
{Basically just as my 'cancel then back' trigger lodges a new bet, the original bet is reported as matched but it's too late as the back bet from 'cancel then back' trigger has been sent}

5. My greenup formula uses bm_backa and bm_backp but since the first Back bet has now been matched bm_backa and bm_backp don't capture the fully matched amounts. (They only capture the last Back bet being $5.20)

I am now left exposed with the first Back bet $5.40) uncovered by a lay bet. Since the Greenup formula and a Greenup trigger uses bm_backa & bm_backp

I tried using back_payout/back_matched by these are market variables and not selection variables so r_1_back_payout doesn't work. This may capture other back bets in the same market which is not wanted.

Any ideas Guru's?

Hi mate

have you try match_1_back_payout ??

Note: to use match_1_ you need in conditions make sure you already have selected the desired selection to apply the formula.

Hope that helps

pcal72
Desenvolvedor de triggers oficial Market Feeder pro

Também faço:
Cursos sobre Market Feeder pro (gratuitos)
Triggers (gratuitos para sempre)

Para saber informações contacte-me!

NOTA: TESTE SEMPRE OS SEUS TRIGGERS ANTES DE OS USAR COM FUNDOS REAIS!

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2014, 08:00 »
I have not yet had time to read and full absorb all the subtleties above but will add an observation I have made in a similar situation.

I examined the Variables file (in V6) to observe why a green up went wrong.  In one formula the amount matched (bm_backa, as say, 9.77 GBP (comprised of two earlier bets) and the stake was correctly calculated but not placed due to other conditions not being met.

A couple of cycles later the bm_backa was less, say 4.52 GBP, the amount of only the first bet. Unless I am mistaken this logically cannot be, so there is an intermittant error in either MF Pro or, more likely, the connection to BF via the API.  Obviously the green up stake was not properly calculated leaving unintended exposure.

I cannot explain this or suggest a cure.  I have only observed it once but often get green up calcs going wrong although, in the main they are accurate.

It might however explain your difficulty, and why, like me, you are probably tearing your hair out and think you are going crazy.

More later if I think of anything.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2014, 10:45 »
hi
bm_backa = the last non-SP matched back bet

back_matched = the total back matched amount

so you can see that by using bm_backa you will only have the last value, you should be using  back_matched
bm_backavp = the average price of the back matched bets
profit_loss = the profit that will be paid out

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2014, 14:24 »
Find below three consecutive "errors" as reported from the Program log. The Trigger "adjust h wager" uses the action 'Cancel than Back' which I believe needs to be varied so as the cancelling wager is confirmed before the back bet is placed. This may required the code adjusted for a 1 refresh delay perhaps. As shown below using this action is very unreliable and I am constantly left with double the exposure because the errors. I work around it by having another trigger monitor for a double exposure then cancel one of the back bets.

23:43:25   Going to BACK $ 4.84 at 4.60 on selection 'Sonnetation'. Bet is unmatched. If unmatched, bet will be cancelled at In-Play. The bet was placed/cancelled by Trigger "adjust H wager ".
23:43:25   Bet already matched, lapsed, or the Bet ID does not exist.
23:43:28   Going to BACK $ 4.84 at 4.60 on selection 'Sonnetation'. Bet is unmatched. If unmatched, bet will be cancelled at In-Play. The bet was placed/cancelled by Trigger "adjust H wager ".

23:53:38   Going to BACK $ 5.16 at 4.90 on selection 'Roseal Des Bois'. Bet is unmatched. If unmatched, bet will be cancelled at In-Play. The bet was placed/cancelled by Trigger "adjust H wager ".
23:53:41   Bet already matched, lapsed, or the Bet ID does not exist.
23:53:41   Going to BACK $ 5.16 at 4.90 on selection 'Roseal Des Bois'. Bet is unmatched. If unmatched, bet will be cancelled at In-Play. The bet was placed/cancelled by Trigger "adjust H wager ".

23:58:36   Going to BACK $ 6.21 at 5.90 on selection 'Singing Star'. Bet is unmatched. If unmatched, bet will be cancelled at In-Play. The bet was placed/cancelled by Trigger "adjust H wager ".
23:58:40   Bet already matched, lapsed, or the Bet ID does not exist.
23:58:40   Going to BACK $ 6.21 at 5.90 on selection 'Singing Star'. Bet is unmatched. If unmatched, bet will be cancelled at In-Play. The bet was placed/cancelled by Trigger "adjust H wager ".

Is this just unique to my environment or experienced by others?
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jul 2014, 14:20 »
Here's another dilemma.

I submit a Back Bet for Horse A at $8.40

After 3 refreshes the horse remains unmatched.

Now I adjust its price after using a user variable that saves the price and amount of the initial wager.
I submit a new bet at $8.20

Now Horse B gets included, his price is $3.40
His bet also remains unmatched.

Now I want to adjust 2 horses by 1 tick lower then there last unmatched back bet.

I can't use bu_backp because it is not selection specific and I encounter a situation where Horse B prices becomes $8.00, the same as Horse A.

Trigger {a} identifies and backs the horse - once per selection
Trigger {b} saves the price of the previous back bet every 3 refreshes
Trigger {c} saves the amount of the previous back bet every 3 refreshes
Trigger {d} submits an adjusted back bet every 3 refreshes if required.

When more than 1 horse is backed by trigger {a} how can I identify each one in Triggers b, c & d ? 

Perhaps completely reconfigure my trigger block.

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 16 Jul 2014, 22:42 »
I think (please jump in and correct me) that you can use a remember trigger to fire every
  • seconds and give that a name like "Hadjust" then refer to the selection's last matched back price as:

Hadjust_bm_backp

Don't take this as fact though - I have not used it for ages and would need to check the manual.

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 16 Jul 2014, 23:35 »
hi
trigger b and c, can only record the price of the last bet placed, because they will only have one variable.
so triggers b and c should be deleted.
trigger d should be cancel then back and have the conditions
and trigger a number of runs per selection is greater than 0
and selections back matched is equal to 0
and selections back unmatched is greater than 0
and selections trigger expression now_time is equal or greater than bu_backtime+(mf_second*3)
set trigger to no more often than .10

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 17 Jul 2014, 10:35 »
Thanks alphaman and mcbee.
I'll try implement your advice.
Improvise Adapt Overcome

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE