Author Topic: lay price equals back price  (Read 3913 times)

Tags:
  • All members
lay price equals back price
« on: 05 Apr 2013, 13:25 »
Hi,
can anyone tell me how often this happens? I see this for the first time.

Thanks,
mkas

• Administrator
Re: lay price equals back price
« Reply #1 on: 05 Apr 2013, 17:02 »
It is a glitch in the calculation of cross-matching prices. The cross-matching is a way to generate virtual prices out of the offers of the opposite type, i.e. back prices made of lay offers and vice versa. BetFair does that in certain markets, such as tennis and football.

Unfortunately the algorithm of doing that is not 100% clear, we used all the documentation we could find, but still there are some cases when these errors happen, although quite rare.

If you want to see the prices without cross-matching, you can turn off the setting "Display prices exactly as they are on the BetFair website" in "Monitoring Options".
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 05 Apr 2013, 17:28 »
Hi Oxa,
Thank you for your explanation. I assumed something like that. Are you sure that this error will not occur when I turn off the setting "Display prices exactly as they are on the BetFair website"? It lasted several hours so I also checked the BetFair website and prices were displayed correctly there.

mkas

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 05 Apr 2013, 17:43 »
Hi Oxa,
Maybe I understand  :). When I turn on the setting "Display prices exactly as they are on the BetFair website" the MFP tries to simulate the cross-matching. Am I right?

mkas

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 05 Apr 2013, 17:48 »
Maybe I understand  :). When I turn on the setting "Display prices exactly as they are on the BetFair website" the MFP tries to simulate the cross-matching. Am I right?

Yes, you are quite right. BetFair does not (for some reason) provide the actual cross-matching prices through the API, so we have to compute them ourselves.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 05 Apr 2013, 18:13 »
Sorry for my perhaps amateur suggestion but is it possible to add the relevant condition in your algorithm to avoid this error in some future releases of MFP? Of course it is not urgent because I can check such rare situation by my triggers ...

mkas

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 05 Apr 2013, 19:26 »
Sorry for my perhaps amateur suggestion but is it possible to add the relevant condition in your algorithm to avoid this error in some future releases of MFP? Of course it is not urgent because I can check such rare situation by my triggers ...

Every time we get an error report of this kind we try to improve the code for cross-matching, so it slowly gets better. Although still not perfect.
I will take your report into account as well and look into what might cause this situation.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE