Author Topic: Lay The Draw Problem  (Read 1947 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Lay The Draw Problem
« on: 14 Apr 2015, 11:14 »
Hi Guy's

Newbie here so please treat kindly.

I am a betting odds compiler for a high street bookmaker and tarted using market feeder pro for the good old technique of laying the draw.

I am using the trigger that is free to download from the website "laying the draw and greening up, distributing the loss"

I have found a few problems im hoping someone can help me.

First I have the trigger to "red up" aka distribute the loss when the price hits 2.0 now when i team scores and the market is being re settled it triggers the bet straight away at low odds normally 1.6-1.88 and then the market re settles and the draw price is around 9.0 but I have already "cashed out". Is this because I am using in test mode?

I have the bet delay set to 10 seconds but this doesn't help, could someone please provide me with a explanation or even better a solution?? I feel this is because I am using test mode and not live mode. Is there a delay you can set for the trigger like "wait 10 seconds after the market come un-suspended before you fire the green/red up trigger?

Also my "User Variables" doesnt seem to work, its just a blank box, how do I get the green up price to show in there?

Final question I promise! Please can someone explain to me "Distribute the loss profit percent" is this how much profit it will leave after it has redded up?

I am hoping someone can answer, I know its not much but I am more than happy to share with you some stats for Soccer matches that would be perfect for laying the draw if you could help me?

I look forward to your responses

Many Thanks

J

Re: Lay The Draw Problem
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2015, 13:38 »
Hi and welcome

A good time delay condition would be:

and selections trigger expression (now_time-last_inplay)/mf_second is greater than 75
(for a 75 second delay since the market was last turned in-play)

You can also use:
and markets minutes since last suspension is greater than 1.25
but sometimes the suspension is missed by the program if it is a very quick suspension.

It is better to use a back book %
and markets back book% is less than 105 (or your acceptable book%)

or measure the spread between best back and lay prices.
and selections trigger expression g_ticks(back_price,lay_price) is less than 10 (for max 9 tick gap)

If you put a formula or variable in the user variable window, you can see the live value

Distribute Loss: from manual: "Loss % The percentage of the starting bet to which the potential loss must evaluate before the distribution is triggered. Appears if you choose "Based on profit%".
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2015, 17:39 »
Thank you so much for your reply, from your advice which option would you choose?

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2015, 17:54 »
Thank you so much for your reply, from your advice which option would you choose?

Hi
I would opt for the defined gap between best back and best lay price because it will give the best value. You are betting in Match Odds market which should have sufficient liquidity, but be aware some games may not have enough liquidity and the gap will always be big in these, so this condition might not be met and the distribute loss trigger might not fire.

There is no reason why you can't have both, e.g.
small gap
OR
if no small gap and 5 mins passed, distribute loss at best available price

Perhaps experiment in test mode and find what suits your markets best.   
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE