Author Topic: Linking two plans  (Read 1738 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Linking two plans
« on: 04 Dec 2018, 03:12 »
Hi there,
I am running two strategies together -- a Maria lay plan and a Labouchere back plan with two separate banks.
I lay first, and if a lay bet is made, I then want the back bet to trigger. The bets can be different selections, although occasionally the same.
Is it possible to link the two strategies?
Thanks,
bobh
PS Apologies if the answer is staring me in the face!

• All members
Re: Linking two plans
« Reply #1 on: 04 Dec 2018, 04:33 »
Read articles were published, broadcast to perfect it felt good to others as well.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 04 Dec 2018, 06:10 »
Pardon?

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 04 Dec 2018, 06:52 »
hi
it is possible BUT with a lot of work changing the triggers.
Maria lay plan uses the settled market P/L for it's calculations so this would have to be changed.
Labouchere back plan uses the statement history so this would have to be changed
even if you used 2 profiles they would not work.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 04 Dec 2018, 09:13 »
Thanks mcbee,

I have figured out a solution "of sorts" by connecting to Excel with a worksheet for each race, but it is not as clean or efficient as through a normal trigger.

I've never really liked the "settled market P/L" in my triggers as it seems somewhat inconsistent, particularly if a selection is a late withdrawal. If that happens (in test mode), the race never settles, so all action seems to come to a halt.

If my quick fix above proves to not work efficiently, I might request a trigger modification for the Maria Staking Plan, but let's wait and see.

Thanks for your trouble.

bobh 

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE