Author Topic: Market Locator  (Read 2462 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
Re: Market Locator
« Reply #15 on: 06 Oct 2020, 22:47 »
I can only suggest for you to install a special build of MarketFeeder Pro that will write down the program's request to BetFair and BetFair's response to that request the moment Market Locator is performing the search. Then I will have something to work with, as I have repeatedly failed to replicate this behaviour.

Let me know if you're ready to test such build and send me the necessary data files.

There is also something you could do to help. After you've done the first round of (incomplete) search, please expand the Greyhound - Today's Card category or Horse Racing - Today's Card, depending on what you're searching for, and take a screenshot of the markets. I want to see which markets are not ticked after Market Locator has added the markets it has found.

Thank you in advance.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #16 on: 07 Oct 2020, 04:23 »
Thanks Oxa,

I'm feeling a bit guilty about wasting your time on this, as I can work around it with time and patience.

Before we get into the installing a new program area, let me try the second request to see what races are ticked.

Unfortunately, you are not talking to an IT genius, so what might seem to be simple requests can sometimes leave me quite baffled.

I won't get a chance to do any of this until tomorrow (Oz time) as I have a few home duties on the go at present.

But I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

bobh

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 07 Oct 2020, 07:22 »
I'm feeling a bit guilty about wasting your time on this, as I can work around it with time and patience.

No, don't be feeling like this, as you're not the only one who reported a similar problem!
I will accept any help with resolving this issue with gratitude.

If anyone else is experiencing the same problem and is willing to install that special build which will record the exact response from BetFair, please give me a shout!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #18 on: 11 Oct 2020, 10:06 »
Hi Oxa

Here is an example from this morning (UK time) of the market locator missing a market.  the 13:10 place market is listed on the left in todays racing, yet the market locator has failed to pick it up.

I don't think this is a random 'api is down every now and then' problem, as the locator has consistently been missing markets for about a month now, unless the service has been incredibly glitchy over that whole period.

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 13 Oct 2020, 17:32 »
Please update your MarketFeeder Pro and give your feedback, i.e. what helped and what did not.

https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-announcements/version-8-8-1-4-fix-for-finished-markets-login-window-and-more/

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE