Author Topic: Market Locator  (Read 2429 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Market Locator
« on: 11 Sep 2020, 06:55 »
This is an ongoing problem for me with Market Locator, and I'm not sure if it's my settings, my computer, or some other reason, so your assistance if possible please.

I have the latest upgrade of MFP.

I have Market Locator set to download Australian Horse Racing Win Markets for 0.5 days ahead on program startup with the only condition being 6 or more starters.

On Saturdays, there may be over 80 races.

I usually open MFP around 9am, but ML will only download somewhere around 50-60 races (number varies). Most times I will go back to ML and manually try to download, and it might add an additional 10 (maybe 15) but still less than the day's total.

I have been told in the past that 300 is the maximum, but I just can't get anywhere near that.

I have tried through Settings to reload every few hours, but sometimes I just get the spinning circle and the program hangs - no bets get placed, and frustration grows.

Is there anywhere in Settings that I might have inadvertently changed the 300 to something less? I can't find anything in General to indicate, nor in Monitoring.

Can anyone give me an idea (any idea will do!) as to why this might be occurring?

Thanks in advance,

bobh

• All members
Re: Market Locator
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2020, 14:10 »
Hi Bobh

On the latest build i have had some problems with market locator as well.  In my case Uk & Ireland horse win and place markets are selected yet the Irish place markets sometimes do not load, just the UK ones.  My workaround is to set market in settings to load markets on start up each day, and also to load at a specific time an hour or so later.  That way  if the initial load doesn't work, the subsequent one usually does.

I appreciate it's not the same as your problem, but the work around might help you load the rest of the markets automatically.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2020, 00:26 »
Thank you Armarni, I appreciate your reply.

This morning (Saturday Oz time), I opened MFP at 10am.

Set for 0.5 days ahead, that should have loaded races up to 10pm tonight.

There are over 80 races today around Australia.

It loaded 53. I have no idea why this appears to be such a random number, some days it's more, some days less.

I went back in to ML and did a manual search (no change in conditions) - this time it resulted in 75 races. Better, but still not the full complement of over 80.

So it looks like I will have to manually search again during the afternoon's racing - always a bit dangerous when there are races starting every 5 minutes!

I have searched high and low to see if I have ticked a wrong box or nominated a different number, but I am lost.

I will try your suggestion of re-searching 1 hour later today and see if it picks up the rest, but in the meantime, I once again thank you for your response.

Someone out there has the solution!!!

bobh

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2020, 08:42 »
Hello!

I can't be of great help at the moment, as I don't have a ready solution, but I thought I'd let you know that I'm digging.

bobh, is it 10 am AUS time that you're doing the search? This could somehow be related to the time zone difference with the UK server that performs the search. I've just searched for AUS races for 2 days ahead, and 156 of them came up. 

What happens if you extend the time frame for search from 0.5 to 2 days?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2020, 14:02 »
Thanks Oxa,
I will try that although this problem only seems to have occurred in the last few months or so.
It just seems so random, but I have never tried two days ahead.
It is nighttime here now, so I will give it a go tomorrow.

Thanks again.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2020, 12:09 »
Hi again Oxa,

At 10am (Oz time) Saturday, I tried 2 days ahead, and then 3 days ahead, but no total success I'm afraid.

On first opening of MFP, it gave me 56 races. When I went back into ML and performed another search, it gave me 86 races from a total of 95 (I think), but going through that process takes a long time. It's not a quick search.

I have to say this problem has only started to occur over the last two to three months (last couple of updates?), and it is really only a Saturday problem, as that is when the number of races is more than around the 60 total.

Any solutions greatly appreciated.

bobh

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2020, 13:35 »
I've missed the time today, I'm afraid, as it's now pas 11 pm in Australia, but I'll set my clock for 10 am AUS time tomorrow and will try to reproduce this problem.

Right now I have all markets found and added to the program using the attached ML template.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 23 Sep 2020, 01:06 »
Oxa,

Thanks for your time spent on this problem.

I won't have a chance to try out your horseracing ML suggestion until next Saturday, when the number of races will be more than the random 50 or 60 I seem to get.

But in the meantime, I tried to upload Oz greyhound races to see if the same problem occurred, and I'm afraid to say it did.

Total number of dog races on any given day in Australia can sometimes be more than 130, so it is a good test.

On opening MFP dog racing this morning, it gave me 56 races only. I then went back to ML and manually uploaded, and this time I received 86 races, but there is around 120 in total today.

So I am baffled as to whether it is my computer, my ISP, something I have inadvertently done within MFP, or something else.

Please don't waste countless hours on it, as I can work around it (albeit frustratingly slowly).

Thanks again,

bobh

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 24 Sep 2020, 15:02 »
Hi, having same problem with AUS greys so I have it update every 2 hours so it doesn't miss them. Seems to work, just a bit random when it reloads trust you don't miss a winner! Or me for that matter!

Cheers

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 25 Sep 2020, 10:35 »
OK, just did a test with the attached template. Set it to load AUS and NZ Greyhound races at start-up.

Then, after it did, I expanded the Greyhound - Today's Racing node and manually counted the active markets, and they tallied with what Market Locator has found.

Could you please do the same with this template and let me know your results?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 26 Sep 2020, 01:04 »
Thank you Oxa.

Whatever has been happening in the background, this six month problem for me appears to have been solved.

Without loading up your ML templates, I simply did my normal opening of MFP yesterday morning and all races miraculously presented themselves.

I did not report this occurrence immediately, as I wanted to see if a Saturday programme of 80+ races would cause problems, but I am very, very happy to say that all races (horses and greyhounds) loaded up perfectly today, and additionally much quicker than I have experienced over the last few months.

So a big thank you from me.

I will let you know how it progresses over the next few days.

bobh

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 30 Sep 2020, 12:07 »
Short lived excitement, I'm afraid.

Reverted back to mid 50's on opening, then to 80's on manual ML, but not the maximum.

And very slow to upload.

Must be my computer or ISP.

Will try Oxa's ML template tomorrow.

bobh

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 30 Sep 2020, 20:34 »
Hi Bobh

In another thread Oxa helped some people who are having difficulty with markets randomly finishing before they have even started.  He provided a link to a new beta version of market feeder.  I am using it as I was getting the market finishing problem, and since I installed it, my market locator has been behaving itself.  Might be coincidence as it's only been a few days, but it could be worth a try for you just in case it helps.

Has the issue been solved.
The topic starter has reported that the newest program update has done the job for him. You can try it here, although it is not officially released yet (working on other features to add to the official release): MF Pro v. 8.8.1.3

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 30 Sep 2020, 23:02 »
To all of you trying to assist, please accept my sincere thanks.

I will spend today working through all of the suggestions and hopefully, something will reveal itself.

I will post my results.

bobh

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 06 Oct 2020, 01:58 »
Just an update.

No success I'm afraid - think I'll just have to put up with it.

Last Saturday, there were 90+ races (Oz only).

On opening, gave me 56, back to manual ML, got it up to 86 (close but no cigar!), and had to go back manually  through the afternoon to get it up to the maximum.

Slow and painful!

Installed the beta update to no avail.

One of life's mysteries.

bobh

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE