Author Topic: Market Locator  (Read 4117 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Market Locator
« on: 29 Feb 2016, 05:15 »
Hi,

I´ve been facing several problems with the market locator in soccer events. Today it got even worst than usual.

Next, i will try to describe the problems:

-When i chose several countries, many times there are countries that even if they have games, none of those games are found. Sometimes are just certain championships of even just some games of those championships that are not found. If right after it, i just select that same country with missing games, those games appear listed. Basically it works well when i only select one country and bad when several are selected.

-Games  from countries that i didn´t chose, appear selected.

-Sometimes the markets are not loaded correctly when they are in my markets (it appears a blank space in the place of the name and the data (prices and quantities) isn´t downloaded.

-Today it got even worst: for some reason the market´s names don´t apear in most games: just appears the time but the data this turn was downloaded.

I send a print screen attached from today´s situation

Thanks

• All members
Re: Market Locator
« Reply #1 on: 29 Feb 2016, 07:27 »
Problems with market Locator are usually caused by a combination of internet connection and security software.  Please ensure that all security software fully allows FEEDER8.EXE.   Often a simple restart will correct any problems.

« Reply #2 on: 29 Feb 2016, 08:05 »
Hi
I had a few of the blank market names over the weekend. Looks like some API issue. Stopped it with a condition:
markets name contains Football
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 29 Feb 2016, 10:23 »
I have had the same blank market problem with soccer matches this morning, but adding "market contains Football" to the market locator conditions, has resolved the problem.
However, now I am experiencing the exactly same blank market problem with UK horse races AND UK greyhound races.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 29 Feb 2016, 15:57 »
Ok, i´ve checked it and it seems to be working well now. Next time something similar happens i will try the proposed solutions.

And about the other problems?

Namely when games of some countries or specific championships aren´t found when selected several countries and appear when just 1 country is chosed. Or the opposite: founding games from countries not selected.

Thanks

« Reply #5 on: 29 Feb 2016, 16:51 »
Hi
In Market Locator it is better to use "does not contain" to eliminate markets leaving just the ones you want, like you have been doing but for a lot more conditions.

Start by search internationally, then select the sports with no conditions.
Run the search and see the results.
Then put in conditions to take out the ones you do not want, so you only leave the markets you want.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 29 Feb 2016, 19:35 »
Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance, but what happens when i just select "search internationally"? It´s the same than select all the markets? It´s the same than check all the countries box?

Let me try to see if i understood what you said.

1-I should just select search internationally? As i told, i am in soccer markets. Each game has tens of markets and the market locator has a limitation of 300 markets. If i don´t place conditions i will just be able to select from 10 to 20 games out of sometimes hundreds of games of the day.

2- I should chose the conditions. Will the program chose from the games previously chosed or will it run another complete search? I am always oblied to chose the countries again.

Thanks

« Reply #7 on: 29 Feb 2016, 20:35 »
Hi
Certain leagues and competitions may not be categorised by Betfair to a specific country and the Search Internationally option helps to find these markets. Here is a related forum post https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-suggestions/europa-league/msg32916/#msg32916
From experience and from other people's posts, Market Locator works best if you use conditions to remove the markets you are not interested in, leaving you with the markets you wish to trade.

My suggestion is you can develop a Market Locator Template (.mfl file) that as you add the search conditions, you can save the template and run it again, and then add more conditions, and save it again until you are happy with the markets it finds.

So yes, I was saying to try initially a search internationally only
choose some markets from the sports column you are interested in e.g. match odds, OU 2.5
limit the days ahead so you can comfortably work with some current markets while developing your search
save the template
run the search

you will see some markets in the results you are not interested in, put in a condition to remove those, save template and run again
and keep doing this until your template is exactly how you want it.

When your template is perfect, you can adjust the days ahead etc. to what you want for trading and save again.

You can then also use this template with the Scheduler to automatically search for markets every few hours etc.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 29 Feb 2016, 22:57 »
Hi MarkV

If i understood you are recommending an aproach step by step where i slowly adjust the settings till arrive to exactly what i want. If that is what you are saying i agree and i will try to do so.

But my problem aren´t the settings, but the strange and inconsistent results that i obtain with the Market Locator.

For this purpose today around 10 pm UTC (UK time),i  made some searches  in soccer matches. I chosed the conditions to only select one market, in this case u/o 5.5. I also selected 1.1 days ahead.

1st i run the market locator selecting: UK, Brazil and Spain (MF1).
In the total 37 markets were selected from those 3 countries. 2 from spain, 6 from Brazil and 29 from UK.

Then i run only with UK (MF2-UK). Were found 45 games (before were just 29), and notice that there are now games from league one. The english National league has now 3 games instead of 1, and the scottish primiership 2 games instead of 1.

After it i run the same conditions only selecting brazil (MF2-Brazil). Instead of 6 games i´ve now 9. I´ve now a new championship (copa do Nordeste), and the paulista A2 instead of the previos 3 games has now 5 games.

A similar situation appears when running it only for Spain (MF2-Spain). I´ve now 4 games instead of 2 and a new championship, the most important on Spain: Primera Division.

This is a situation that i noticed several times in this last weeks.

If someone have time, please try to replicate the search and see if the results are consistent with mine or not.

Thanks

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 01 Mar 2016, 08:03 »
Hi BlueSky, don't search so far ahead in time.  I noticed you are using 1.1 days - this is too much.  When you run locator again more matches could now have entered this time period.  In football it is better to set locator to search for 0.25 days ahead (6 hours), and do a scheduled market search every 5 hours, and uncheck Clear My Markets First.

« Reply #10 on: 01 Mar 2016, 13:03 »
Hi
I ran the following search 10x between 12:00 and 12:30 UK time:

Countries: Search Internationally only ticked
Sports: Soccer Over/Under
Condition: markets name contains 5.5
For 1.1 days ahead

Search results returned 171 markets on each run.

I ran it again at 13:00 and there are 4 new markets added as the Australian games for tomorrow start to meet the 1.1 days ahead time slot.

I am sure if you run searches at around 10pm there will be many changes with settled markets being removed and new markets being added.

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 01 Mar 2016, 14:47 »
Hi again,

Good advise, i will schedule it to run in lower intervals.

MarV, i run it again at 2.30 pm Uk time. Same conditions as you today and i last night. I obtained 156 markets which is pretty much the same results you did.

But if you check it you will notice, at least i did, that when you select more than one country or in this case. search internationally not all games that are available are found. The same situation that i mentioned last night keeps appearing today. The sum of the markets found for individual countries is bigger than in 1 search that includes those countries.

In the run i made today, when i search internationally, e.g., there were again no games of the english league one neither of the spanish primera division. And again they appear when just selected 1 country each time.

Thanks

« Reply #12 on: 01 Mar 2016, 20:51 »
Hi
Ok I think I have found it, but now to try and explain this to Support  :D
I've opened a support ticket.

Hi Oxa
Please compare the two attached screenshots. I have seen this so far only with Over/Under markets and I do not know what other countries are affected by it.

The search is self-explanatory.
I went through manually adding each country and running the search until the fault showed itself
with United Kingdom ticked, the current day's markets are missing in the search results
with United Kingdom unticked, the current day's markets appear in the search results

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 01 Mar 2016, 23:04 »
Hi MarkV,

I think you found another problem beyond the one i did. Probably it´s something that derivates from the same bug, but i am not sure if it´s exactly the same issue.

I noticed that if you chose several countries and run the market locator several times each one of them chosing just one of those countries, you will find more markets than running it just once selecting all those same countries. What you made was something different, therefore you arrived to different results, and probably u found more issues.

In my case the problem isn´t something related with a difference between games of the same or the following day, i didn´t even notice that problem.

Now that i know i can create support tickets, i will create another one explaining exactly the problem i found.

I will update this post with eventual responses i may receive, hopefully you can do the same.

Thanks

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 02 Mar 2016, 08:13 »
I am looking into this and will let you know what I found.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE