Author Topic: market suspension/trigger log question  (Read 4162 times)

Tags:
  • All members
market suspension/trigger log question
« on: 02 Apr 2013, 22:52 »

Hi all

Quite a few of my triggers lately have stopped firing bets mid football game recently and upon looking at one of the logs tonight, the last activity of the trigger is market suspended, aswell as a jump from 9:06pm to 9:15pm in which no activity took place, which is strange as I have an inplay refresh rate of 10 seconds.

My last bet was made at 3.80 with plenty of time left so I am puzzled why according to the log most of the 2nd half was suspended. This wasn't the case as I was following the various footie markets tonight. ( The game related to this log finished 0-0)

does anyone have any thoughts on what is causing this ?

thanks

20:55:58 Selection: Under 0.5 Goals,
20:55:59 Going to LAY on 1 selections:

Under 0.5 Goals, £ 8.36 at 3.80;

21:06:14 Soccer - Fixtures / Fixtures 02 April / Brighton v Charlton / Over/Under 0.5 Goals: Inappropriate market status (Suspended).

21:06:19 Soccer - Fixtures / Fixtures 02 April / Brighton v Charlton / Over/Under 0.5 Goals: Inappropriate market status (Suspended).

21:06:25 Soccer - Fixtures / Fixtures 02 April / Brighton v Charlton / Over/Under 0.5 Goals: Inappropriate market status (Suspended).

21:06:30 Soccer - Fixtures / Fixtures 02 April / Brighton v Charlton / Over/Under 0.5 Goals: Inappropriate market status (Suspended).

21:06:35 Soccer - Fixtures / Fixtures 02 April / Brighton v Charlton / Over/Under 0.5 Goals: Inappropriate market status (Suspended).

21:06:40 Soccer - Fixtures / Fixtures 02 April / Brighton v Charlton / Over/Under 0.5 Goals: Inappropriate market status (Suspended).

21:06:46 Soccer - Fixtures / Fixtures 02 April / Brighton v Charlton / Over/Under 0.5 Goals: Inappropriate market status (Suspended).

21:15:13 Soccer - Fixtures / Fixtures 02 April / Brighton v Charlton / Over/Under 0.5 Goals: Inappropriate market status (Suspended).

21:37:41 Soccer - Fixtures / Fixtures 02 April / Brighton v Charlton / Over/Under 0.5 Goals: Inappropriate market status (Suspended).

• Administrator
Re: market suspension/trigger log question
« Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2013, 07:55 »
Hi,

Triggers are checked after every market refresh, until it stops, and the results of that check are recorded to the logs. If the markets was suspended before being stopped, then no wonder the last log record says that.

As for the gap between 9:06 and 9:15 - could be an interruption in your Internet connection or something else of that kind. Check the program logs for that timeframe as well - are there any error messages there?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 03 Apr 2013, 19:58 »
hi

My internet connection was fine and i'm pretty sure it didn't drop. There was this error message

21:01:56 Error while updating the list of bets: Empty XML.

i'm guessing this error may have something to do with it - what does it mean, and can I do anything to prevent it ?

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2013, 20:33 »
This error message indicates that the program could not get a response from BetFair, or rather that it was empty - either because the server was temporary out of reach or because you did have connection issues at that moment. Sorry redarme, there is no way to prevent it in either cases.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 04 Apr 2013, 21:59 »
Fair enough - thanks for the explanation Oxa

« Reply #5 on: 04 Apr 2013, 22:11 »
Hi
At the time and day in question there were complaints on Betfair Helpdesk Twitter feed and on other forums of several football markets being suspended when they should not have been. Betfair or their third party in-play market management team will suspend markets if they have a loss of picture feed etc.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE