Author Topic: Markets Idle or suspended When they are inplay at betfair  (Read 1468 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,

These last days i´ve been noticing something strange. 

The markets are downloaded with the market locator and after a while some have the status changing from inplay to idle or suspended, without any apparent reason. In some cases all the markets of an event change the status but, in others, only some pass while the rest continue inplay. 

To confirm if it wasn´t a problem with the API i checked both Betfair site and The Geeks Toy. In both all the markets were inplay.

This happened in football markets using test mode and both with and without any trigger active.

Anyone knows what the problem may be?

Thanks

Hi
I would suggest first check the program log for any obvious messages.

The behaviour you are describing sounds like markets or events being placed into the waiting queue according to the limit for simultaneously refreshing markets or events. Check your setting on this in monitoring options settings.

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
Hello!

MarkV has a point here.

Open the info window of any market and check for any red messages (see the attached screenshot).
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Hi,

I would suggest first check the program log for any obvious messages.
MarkV, i am using it at the moment with no active trigger and the only thing that appears are the trigger being logged on the opening of MFPro, goals being scored and 
markets settled. So, i guess that´s not the way.

The behaviour you are describing sounds like markets or events being placed into the waiting queue according to the limit for simultaneously refreshing markets or events. Check your setting on this in monitoring options settings.
Unfortunatly it seems that the problem isn´t the maximum allowed number of simultaneous refreshing markets/events. I have it with 50 events (see MFPro2). 

I agree with you it seems it´s something in the settings that is causing the issue. But i guess that´s not it.

Open the info window of any market and check for any red messages (see the attached screenshot).
Oxa, i did the way you asked and there was nothing at red (see MFPro5).

Later on, the market as you can see in MFPro5 i was refreshing 162 markets (i know it´s too much, but this it´s just to solve this issue and the refresh rate in-play is just 40s), and 161 out of the 162 were idle. After a while, most of these markets changed to inplay. Again, they were supposed to be always in-play.

On the afternoon, i was monitorizing only 4 events, and, even so, 3 out of 4 events had all markets at a certain moment suspended (see MFPro1). It started with only 2 markets of one of the events, and after about 15 minutes, it expanded to the other markets of that same event and to the other 2 events. After a while the process was reversed and most of them appeared inplay again (see MFPro3 and MFPro4) .

Thanks to both

• Administrator
Judging from the fact that all markets of a particular event are suspended, the program didn't just make a random error with one market: the market status was indeed suspended.

I've noticed quite a few suspended markets recently. When I checked them against some third-party stats resource, they were marked as "Postponed". Not sure what this means when the match is in full swing, will need to check that.

Meanwhile, can you please attach two side-by-side screenshots of a market that is displayed as Suspended in MF Pro yet is In-Play on BetFair website at the same time? I will then take this information to BetFair BDP support.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Hi Oxa,

Judging from the fact that all markets of a particular event are suspended
In fact, both situations happen. Sometimes all markets are suspended or idle. In others all markets behave the same way (see MFPro2).

Meanwhile, can you please attach two side-by-side screenshots of a market that is displayed as Suspended in MF Pro yet is In-Play on BetFair website at the same time? I will then take this information to BetFair BDP support.

As asked i send you 2 screenshots (MFPro1 and MFP2). The 1st one with only one market. In this i add the situation in The Geeks. And the 2nd one where i take a general perspective of the football markets in-play at the moment on betfair site and their situations on MFPro.

Thanks

• Administrator
When I'm looking at the screenshot with Psis Semarang v Semen Padang, I can see that the prices are also different, as is the market volume as compared to the same market view on the BetFair website.

Did you take the screenshots at exactly the same minute, or did some time pass between the two?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Markets Idle or suspended When they are inplay at betfair
« Reply #7 on: 13 Dec 2019, 17:40 »
When I'm looking at the screenshot with Psis Semarang v Semen Padang, I can see that the prices are also different, as is the market volume as compared to the same market view on the BetFair website. Did you take the screenshots at exactly the same minute, or did some time pass between the two?

I made just a printscreen and cut it on paint. So yes, it was at the exact same moment.

According to my experience prices and volumes are always slightly different from site to Programs. Probably due to different refreshing rates.

Thanks

• Administrator
prices and volumes are always slightly different from site to Programs

I showed your screenshot to a member of BDP staff and he told me this looks like a delay in market data.

Since he confirmed that your account is not restricted in any way, I will need to find out what is happening at your side and what is causing that data delay.

I will PM you now as for what can be done next.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE