Author Topic: Markets Minutes Since Last suspension  (Read 3439 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Markets Minutes Since Last suspension
« on: 17 Aug 2012, 22:14 »
I'm not sure if this is a problem with V7 or not, so have started a new thread.

I have a football strategy which lays before start and then greens up in the first 15 min if conditions are appropriate. I have always included a condition in trade-out triggers along the lines of: Markets Minutes since last suspension is equal or greater than 2, to allow the market to stabilise before the back order is placed.  Now this trigger operates perfectly in V7.   I also have a distribute loss trigger,  to trade out just after 15 min if conditions are not appropriate.

This latter trigger often fails to operate and the problem seems to be the condition I have mentioned about waiting 2 min after suspension ends.  For this trigger to operate the market won't usually have been suspended after kick-off, so is it possible the bot is not reliably detecting the suspension at start of play?

• All members
Re: Markets Minutes Since Last suspension
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2012, 06:38 »
I have no specific experience of using MFP as you do. However, I use another software as well, and it has sound alerts. I have noticed that in some football matches the little siren that alerts me to market suspensions does not function at kick off. I have always assumed that this has been because Betfair have not actually suspended the market but simply allowed it to roll on past the kick off time. So, it may be down to Betfair rather than a fault with MFP. No suspension - no sound.

« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2012, 07:19 »
Hi
This is probably due to the “micro suspend” which MarketFeeder Pro may miss, as these suspensions are sometimes less than a second in duration. Perhaps an idea would be to also utilise event_off and /or last_inplay.
http://community.welldonesoft.com/announcements-1/betfair-changes-football-market-suspensions/
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2012, 08:22 »
Thanks, it looks likely that the bot misses the kick-off suspend at my idle refresh rate of 5 sec.  But thinking further I do not really need any delay for the distribute loss trigger, so I'll just remove that condition and see how I go.

The market must be suspended at kick-off as all unmatched (non-keep) bets must be cancelled.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2012, 09:16 »
I realise that markets must be suspended but other types of software fail to react to it at times. Mark's explanation of a different type of suspension seems reasonable to me.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2012, 10:38 »
Yes, MF (or any other software) detects suspension by analysing the market status returned from the last refresh. If your in-play refresh rate is not fast enough it misses. There is no solution for test mode. But in real mode you can place an unmatched bet and check periodically if it's still presents - BetFair cancels that bet if the market has been suspended even if MF didn't get such status. Then re-place the bet if needed...
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE