Author Topic: Markets Not Settling in Real Mode  (Read 957 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Markets Not Settling in Real Mode
« on: 13 Sep 2021, 10:00 »
Hi all,

Just after some tips or guidance.

I have a bot that lays in greyhound markets. It doesn't lay each market, it will skip the ones that do not meet the criteria. The system relies on previous markets to determine staking and therefore it can sometimes get stuck if the previous market is delayed, abandonned, or just doesn't settle in MFP.

What tips can anyone give me to the following:

1. automatically settle/finish the markets that were skipped
2. automatically refresh a market before a bet is placed

I just want to avoid having to reload the trigger everytime it is stuck and lose the staking sequence.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Markets Not Settling in Real Mode
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2021, 10:51 »
Hi
Item 3. in this article explains how to do it.
In your case you want to set a maximum time limit to wait for settlement before the trigger moves on. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2021, 11:00 »
Thanks MarkV.

Code: [Select]
or Previously Triggered Event's Minutes Before the Off is less than -100

I am assuming the smaller the number in absolute terms the less time I am waiting for the market to settle. Is that correct?

Also, any tips on automatically refreshing a market before placing a bet?

Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2021, 11:22 »
Hi
minutes before the off is a trigger condition relating to the scheduled event start time, and it goes negative after that time.
if for example your want to wait max half hour after scheduled start time before trigger moves to next market:
or Previously Triggered Event's Minutes Before the Off is less than -30

regarding automatically refreshing a market, in the settings > monitoring options > start monitoring event at x minutes before the beginning.

many staking plan triggers require previous market(s) to be in My Markets. settings > general options, either do not delete settled markets, or delete say all except 5 most recent markets  
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE