Author Topic: MF Default HMTL app  (Read 732 times)

Tags:
  • All members
MF Default HMTL app
« on: 11 May 2022, 09:52 »
I noticed in the recent previous builds MFP opened up IE, but then IE closed and it opens Edge. It was weird behaviour, but it worked.

In 8.10.1.1 something has caused a regression, as now it only opens up in IE again. In 2022 nothing should be touching IE. It's particularly an issue as now you're adding direct links to YouTube videos, but those will never open, as YouTube doesn't support IE at all (and you can't copy the address from the MFP home screen).

More pressingly, IE I believe is actually being entirely deprecated soon. (one duckduck later: next month in fact!). 

Best case: can you add a Settings parameter to just default MFP's HTML links to point to a users' preferred browser? Or at the very least the simple solution, just push an update and make links open directly in Edge. :)

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Re: MF Default HMTL app
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2022, 10:07 »
Hello,

Yes, we know, but unfortunately IE is the only lightweight embeddable HTML engine (with ability to show external URL) under Windows. Does it cause any problem?
You can switch off the welcome page at the bottom of it.
All external links within the application are opened with default browser.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2022, 10:22 »
Does changing your default browser to chrome help the situation?

Chrome is set to default on my windows 10 machine, and mfp uses that as the browser to display statements, programme and trigger logs.  It works without issues.

Just a thought.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2022, 14:14 »
No, sorry, I was a little unclear now I read it back, but Tim understood what I meant: I was noting the issue with the home/welcome screen specifically not using default browser to open links. Yes, triggers/logs etc use Windows default browser setting. They're two entirely different systems in the app.

I understand what Tim means above. He's saying the MPF home page is itself an actual integrated browser engine that points to a page on their website: IE. Links however can't typically be forced to open a different browser (unless you're Microsoft themselves ;)).

It's still weird though it was kind-of working in the previous released build which is why I thought maybe it was a tractable issue: a link from the home page opened a blank IE, which then automatically closed and opened Edge. It's not a big deal, but it was a useful quick tool to be able to access posts and info in a browser from the app. 

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE