Author Topic: MF Pro Locking Up  (Read 9194 times)

Tags:
  • All members
MF Pro Locking Up
« on: 22 Jan 2013, 10:12 »
G'day Magicians

I am fairly new to MF Pro and originally had no problems in Demo mode for a couple of weeks but now in Live mode it periodically locks up my machine with XP Home V2002 and SP3?

I have searched the Forum and found similar issues talking about increasing Virtual memory which I have done and some saying to untick Log files and some to tick them?

Now it is locking up in Demo mode as well as Live mode and I am unaware of any changes to my machine since the good times. Could it be a new Trigger that I am using or could it be associated with a Trigger trying to activate before the previous result is through?

Hoping for any help or suggestions

Mike
Tasmania

Re: MF Pro Locking Up
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2013, 10:41 »
Hi
A few suggestions you can try:

• Although you mention turning off logging, the logs can be useful in troubleshooting the problem. You want to try to see what the program was doing just before the lock-up.
  • Follow mcbee’s suggestion on DEP settings described in this topic http://community.welldonesoft.com/troubleshooting-8/running-mfp-on-a-vps/
  • Check your internet connection is stable (and as you have just posted, there are no problems with Betfair API)
  • Make a separate Profile for testing and run a standard example trigger for a while and see if the lock-up still occurs.

edit: I also think it is too much of a coincidence that several AU/NZ users have recently reported similar issues.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2013, 08:08 »
MarkV

Thanks for your suggestions but most of mcbee's are not easily applicable for me running XP

I was also told that maybe MF Pro locks up if formulas are too big? However mine is still locking up today with only small formulae in the Trigger.

I did put the Logs back on and there is nothing of note in the Trigger Log but in the Program Log today I noticed that right before the two lock ups there was an entry that repeated itself, see it pasted below...

"14:28:33   Going to BACK $ 56.05 at 1.36 on selection '5. Decision Made'. Bet is matched. If unmatched, bet will be cancelled at In-Play. The bet was placed by Trigger "Back in Place market".

14:34:00   One or more runners have been withdrawn from market "Horse Racing / AUS / 14:45 Seym (AUS) 24th Jan (Place)": 3. Capturethedream

14:34:00   One or more runners have been withdrawn from market "Horse Racing / AUS / 14:45 Seym (AUS) 24th Jan": 3. Capturethedream

COMPUTER LOCKED UP HERE"

and the second lockup...

"15:57:57   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 15:53 Pinj (AUS) 24th Jan. List of winners: 7. Ronnie Two, 1. Memphis Playboy, 8. Dragonlead, 2. Naturally Russian.Source: RSS BetFair

15:58:29   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 15:53 Pinj (AUS) 24th Jan (Place). List of winners: 7. Ronnie Two, 1. Memphis Playboy, 8. Dragonlead, 2. Naturally Russian.Source: RSS BetFair

COMPUTER LOCKED UP HERE"

In the first one the Winners Report recorded the Place report prior to the Win report and vice versa in the second one. Other than that still scratching around for something to make this program work?

Mike.

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2013, 08:51 »
Hi
It is difficult to tell from the log, but it is possible the problem could be in your trigger. The way to confirm this is to run any known working trigger from the example triggers supplied with MarketFeeder, or a simple back / lay one from the website. If that runs smoothly without crashes, then you know the problem is with your trigger file. You could send the trigger file with a copy of the logs and an explanation to support and ask them to look it over for you.

I don't think there is a problem with parsing complex formulae, however if the formula is incorrectly constructed, or generating a loop, then yes it may cause errors.

DEP (Data Execution Prevention) was introduced to Windows XP in SP2. You had mentioned you are XP SP3. It might be worth revisiting mcbee’s suggestion on this one more time.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2013, 10:14 »
Hi,

I had a problem with lockups of a big trigger file with complex formulas, too.
My problem was not MFPro 7 but the use of an undefined user variable in formula.

There is no error message if MFPro does not find a variable, but MfPro locks up with 100% CPU usage an a single processor core.

If the problem is in a condition, these lockups can occur very unexpected, as MFPro does evaluation of conditions only if necessary.

You cannot see this problem in the logs.

My advise: Print out your trigger and check if every user variable used in a formula or condition is

- a constant in constant section
- assigned a value before use in formula or expression

Check if you did not disable a constant, block or trigger which assigns a value!

kind regards
Martin

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2013, 00:43 »
Mark & Martin

Thanks for your suggestions and will work on them over the next few days.
Let you know the result.

Mike.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2013, 08:46 »
Martin & Co

Three says with zero lockups! Yippee.

The only thing changed was simplifying the complicated and long trigger & formulae.

Something built in to MF Pro to alert to this might be possible?

Thanks for all your help

Mike.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jan 2013, 09:10 »
Something built in to MF Pro to alert to this might be possible?

Hi Mike,

If you use one of more user variables in your triggers, always make sure they are initialised (have some value, even if zero) before the triggers in question start getting executed.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jan 2013, 08:08 »
Thanks OXA will check & do.

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 29 Jan 2013, 10:26 »
Hi Mike,

If you use one of more user variables in your triggers, always make sure they are initialised (have some value, even if zero) before the triggers in question start getting executed.

Hi Oxa,

what do you think about auto-initialise of user variables? Each time MFPro finds a new user variable in trigger file, it initialises with 0. No Error message, no lockups.

I think 0 is a good value for auto-initialisation, as you cannot sent bets with 0 odd or 0 stake to betfair markets.

Martin

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE