Author Topic: mf7 excel  (Read 3762 times)

Tags:
  • All members
mf7 excel
« on: 08 Jan 2014, 23:14 »
Hello,

im using MF7 lite v.71010,

i have 2 problems:

1- In settings-excel i have "create sheet for each market" unchecked(and saved) but after "launch excel" i continue the have one sheet for each market.

2- In settings-excel again i have in "custom cells & formulas" two cells(a20 and a21) with  market_id and sel_index variables.
In a20 it show the correct value, in a21 it show the text "sel_index".
I notice that mf7 wont show any selection variable(i tried with others).

How can i solve this?
Thank you.

Re: mf7 excel
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jan 2014, 09:34 »
Hi
The setting in your first point works correctly in the full version of the program. I tried installing the Lite version on another computer to test this on your behalf, but my username is registered to the full version, so I can't test it.

Your second point, again I am not sure if you can do this in the Lite version. In the manual in the "Triggered Betting" chapter, it states "this functionality is available in the full version". Sub-sections of Triggered Betting cover the variables you are trying to export, as well as Excel bound variables, so I would think this is not available in the Lite version.

Regarding the actual examples you give:
A20 is reserved for the 6th selections volume% on the market sheets
A21 is reserved for the 6th selections place in the outcome of events on the market sheets

If the Lite version allows it, your Custom Cell reference should include the non-market sheet name:
Sheet1!A20
Sheet1!A21

Sorry I could not be more helpful regarding what Lite can / cannot do.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2014, 05:02 »
Hi MarkV, thank you for answer,

i instaled mf6 lite to test this problems and:

1- in mf6 it worked ok, i could chose or not to create in one or separate sheets.

2- in mff6 it show the two variables in excel(mr_1_market_name and s_1_sel_name).
    In mf7 only the mr_1_market_name is ok, the other show text "s_1_sel_name".

Could you create in MF7 settings-excel two custom cells to try?
sheet1!a1   |  mr_1_market_name
sheet1!a2   |  s_1_sel_name

Imho, i think is a bug that could also afect the trigger execution.Like i said before, the selection variables are not evaluating in the custom excel sheets.

Regards

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2014, 08:42 »
Hi
You can't use selection variables with a cell reference like that on non-market sheets because Excel has no way to tell which market the selection is from.

From the manual:
"[sheet_name]![cell_address]

This is a generic representation of a cells address in Excel. Use it if you want your formula to be inserted in a specific cell in your spreadsheet. In the picture above you can see an example of such address: sheet!A1. With each refresh of each market MF Pro will output the total won amount into the cell addressed sheet1!A1.

Certainly, you need to have a sheet named sheet1 in your spreadsheet in order to create a custom cell with such address.

Also, you can't use market or selection variables in formulas addressed in this way, because MF Pro can't determine what market or selection you are referring to. So only general and bet history variables are allowed."
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2014, 09:57 »
Hi
Further to the above:
You can use a trigger to write the selection data to a cell.
The attached trigger file will write s_1_sel_name to Sheet1!A1
(make sure you remove all custom cell references in the settings first, or they will overwrite)   

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2014, 21:48 »
hello MarkV,

the problem is on my side, I'll have to read the manual calmly.
ty for your time

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE