Author Topic: mfp didnt placed bets, but logs ok  (Read 12528 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
Re: mfp didnt placed bets, but logs ok
« Reply #15 on: 09 Apr 2013, 19:36 »
OK, ifyesthenno, I managed to replicate your problem.
My bets (not all of them) will not make through if I refresh many markets at the same time, with a fairly high refresh rate. In this case the Connection Monitor kicks in and delays quite a lot of requests to BetFair (which it certainly should). A request to bet has zero weight and a high priority, but if there are too many requests in the queue, it still may be delayed. If you ask for a bet below the minimum, that's three requests instead of one by the way.

Once I slow down the refresh and/or stop some markets, everything gets back to normal.

What are your Connection Monitor settings, what's the request limit?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

« Reply #16 on: 09 Apr 2013, 20:10 »
oxa, thank you very much for the email and this reply, very appreciated!

I think what you are saying is true and the explanation, now it seems logical:

a) true: I had many markets to refresh at the same time. otherwise no problem.
b) dont know if it is fairly high rate: refresh rate was 1 sec (preplay), no inplay-going.
c) true: 90% of my bets were unter minimum, so everytime 3 bets.
d) connection monitor: I had a request limit of only 8 or 9 (the other calls I needed for manual trading at the same time).

ok, if this is the explanation, its very good/useful to know it. so - as always - a sense it had.

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 09 Apr 2013, 20:18 »
Oh good! Yep, 8-9 requests per second is very, very little in this case. The request queue was probably so huge that parts of it were eventually given up by the Monitor as outdated.

Not sure if you need 1 sec before In-Play. Can you consider reducing this frequency and turning off or slowing down all the functions you don't need? You could start with the update of account funds - you definitely don't need the AUS account to be updated more frequently than, say, once in 10 mins, right?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

« Reply #18 on: 09 Apr 2013, 20:35 »
now with a little bit more experience of the last days, I agree: 8-9 is very very little.

yes, will do as you say: 4 or 5 or also 10 seconds pre-play is enough; now I already turned off or slowed down everything I dont need/dont need urgently. and request per second I will put at 12. and bets under minimum I will try to avoid, even if it the most difficult thing.

now that I know what the problem is, I know how to act to avoid it. fine.

« Reply #19 on: 13 Apr 2013, 15:20 »
oxa,

today a total disaster!
8 minutes ago when in england were starting so many soccer games, mfp didnt placed 70-80 % of the bets. I had api-calls at maximum 20 and everything else not necessary was off or with a great delay.

most of the trigger logs and program log were ok. but in some trigger logs the triggering stopped, saying that the condition 5 min before off is false, but it was true.
indeed the clock in mfp had problems to work fluently.

I think now the problem is the cpu: in such cases of monitoring many markets (47 markets at the same time) the cpu is at 100% and everything is so so slow, I think mfp cant placed all bets in time.

but my cpu is a very strong one, 2.66 MHz, working-memory is 1 GB, so it should be no problem. I have never problems to run any program. I am using win xp, the most fast win-system.
of course: I have no other program on than mfp. and there are no processes in the background that are not necessary for windows.

I am interested to know if such a huge usage of cpu is normal? has no-one a similar problem? or has everyone a double-more-core-cpu?

so, mfp would be useless for me if I cant run it. what should I do?

• Élite
« Reply #20 on: 13 Apr 2013, 17:25 »
hi
turn off ALL logs as these take up much cpu to keep writing to the log.
add a new trigger to limit the idle and inplay refresh times.
i use a trigger to set the idle rate to value  refr_market_num*1
and another action to set the inplay refresh rate to value  refr_market_num*.4
set the trigger to no more than 10.00 secs, this will keep altering the refresh as markets start and stop.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #21 on: 13 Apr 2013, 17:31 »
I had 10 sec idle-refresh and no inplay-monitoring. but logs were always on.
will give it a try as you propose, thx.

• All members
« Reply #22 on: 16 Apr 2013, 17:31 »
Guys,

I had a ticket in for a similar situation. In my case I had a simple trigger performing some lay bets. The trigger would always trigger when expected and enter in its log file that it was placing a bet. However the program log would not have an entry for the bet and no bet was placed physically.

My platform is Windows 7 running MFPro v7 and importantly Norton Internet Security.

Here is the solution to the problem that I posted back to the ticket ...

MarketFeeder Pro v7
Windows 7 platform with Norton Internet Security running.
Problem - trigger was activating and reporting in its log file that it was placing a bet.
Program log had no log of bet being placed and no bet was physically placed on Betfair.
This was happening multiple times but not for every bet - some bets were placed OK.

Solution:
Ensure in Norton internet Security that MarketFeeder Pro was ALLOWED through the Smart firewall. Original setting was 'AUTO' and not 'ALLOWED'. When firewall set to 'ALLOW' MFP no subsequent problem with bet placement.

To set up the firewall to allow MFP in NIS:

1. Click NIS icon in task bar
2. Click 'Settings' tab then 'Network' tab.
3. Click 'Smart Firewall' on left panel then click 'Configure+' next to 'Program Rules'.
4. Ensure 'Market Feeder Pro' is in the list - if not use 'Add' to add it to the list of programs.
5. CRITICALLY ensure that 'Access' is set to 'ALLOW' and not 'AUTO'.

Hope this helps for anyone else now or in the future that runs into the same problem.

Cheers,

Andy

« Reply #23 on: 16 Apr 2013, 23:22 »
the old problem remains and I dont know what to do:

today I had 20 sec refresh (idle and inplay), 20 api-calls, no trigger logs on, no other program running.
and then, at 20:45, when all eng second league and italy serie b games were beginning and ca. 70 markets were monitored at the same time, cpu goes up to 100% for some moments, then to 30-50%, and about 20-30% of the bets were NOT placed.

any idea? (I have no firewall and no antivirus that could make problems). I cant imagine that no one else has a problem with the cpu und placing bets. 70 markets are huge, but not soooo much. and some triggers are nothing, could be also 20-30-50 triggers on 100 markets - and that creates problems? cant believe that everyone is working with only 2 and a half triggers on only 5 markets..
and cant believe that even a cpu-usage of 100% for some moments avoids placing bets, that should not be in any case. what is the problem to keep the bets in the memory? after some milliseconds mfp should place them..

any idea, any help, any explanation, any similar experience? if not, I will give up and ask for returning of the six month already paid.

1 unhappy user. thx anyway.

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 17 Apr 2013, 10:27 »
Here is the solution to the problem that I posted back to the ticket ...
Cheers,

Andy

Hello Andy,

Thank you so much for find the time to post here and to offer a solution to other users who might be having similar problems. Very much appreciated and thumbs up for sorting this out!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: 17 Apr 2013, 10:37 »
cpu goes up to 100% for some moments, then to 30-50%, and about 20-30% of the bets were NOT placed.

I need to see your trigger files (please attach here) and the program log file for that day.
If you're not comfortable with attaching them here, you may email them to support.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

« Reply #26 on: 17 Apr 2013, 10:53 »
unfortunatley I had in the settings "clear log records older than 1 day" (to saving cpu..) and so today its empty.
but the error will occur again, surely on saturday. then I will send it. the trigger files I will send immediatly to the support.

I have a windows firewall, mfp is declared as an allowed exception. will turn it off to see if there is a difference in placing bets.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE