Author Topic: MFP8 Market Locator and Scheduler  (Read 7581 times)

Tags:
  • All members
MFP8 Market Locator and Scheduler
« on: 13 Nov 2014, 06:07 »
I know that the new Betfair API is causing some irritating problems with names of events/races.

The latest problem I've encountered (I think someone else has mentioned it already in the forum) is that altho the scheduler has loaded a race into "My Markets", sometimes that race is not ticked in Betfair's event tree.

When that race comes up, MFP8 crashes with an "abnormal termination".

I notice this happens most with AUS Greyhounds.

pfc

• All members
Re: MFP8 Market Locator and Scheduler
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2014, 07:32 »
Further to my earlier post, I notice that sometimes AUS is not even an item on the "Horse Racing" category of the events tree. And, of course, if AUS isn't there, the scheduler will not/ doesn't load AUS races.

On the other hand, it's a shame that this new API cannot access "Today's Card" because all AUS events are in those event trees...but the name descriptions are different from the "Horse Racing" and "Greyhound Racing" event trees. Quite a problem for the Market Locater ! And a very irritating problem for any triggers that define or exclude race names or parts of race names.

I know this may not be the worst result of the new API, but to me it's close to the worst. Why ? If events can't be certainly loaded for triggers to do their job, then it is impractical and maybe impossible for us to "set and forget". Isn't that one of the main reasons for MFP or any other bot ?

I hope WellDone takes this to heart and can resolve these issues with Betfair...urgently.

By no means am I coming down on the WellDone team as they have been fantastic this last week and of course this has always been the norm for their support, in my experience.

I suspect these problems are caused by Betfair's performance in the new API.

pfc

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2014, 12:25 »
Hi pfc,

Thanks for reporting this. Could you attach an image of the markets that are missing from the tree and generate the crash?

On the other hand, it's a shame that this new API cannot access "Today's Card" because all AUS events are in those event trees...but the name descriptions are different from the "Horse Racing" and "Greyhound Racing" event trees. Quite a problem for the Market Locater ! And a very irritating problem for any triggers that define or exclude race names or parts of race names.

Could you give me an example of such irritating discrepancy in the names in Market Locator and event tree?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2014, 13:01 »
Hey Oxa,

As (good) luck would have it now at the end of the AUS markets tonight there are no missing markets to show you. However, a few hours ago, my MFP continually crashed due to this issue. I'm certain they involved only AUS markets...both horses and dogs. If those markets are "administered" in Australia (and not UK), maybe that's a pointer for your investigations.

The name descriptions in the "Todays Card" event tree are definitely different for AUS (and NZL I think) events described in "Horse Racing" and "Greyhound Racing" or "My Markets", e.g.

In "Greyhound Racing" or "My Markets"  20.57 Mand (AUS) 13th Nov R8 405m Gr5
In Todays Card                                   20.57 Mandurah (AU) R8 405m Gr5

(Don't worry about the time stated because I'm not in AUS.)

As far as I can see, all country codes in "Todays Card" are now only 2 capital letters.

By (bad) coincidence, my MFP has just crashed again...at 20.57... the above Mandurah dog race !

Hope you can sort this out as it's driving me nuts.

pfc

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 13 Nov 2014, 20:45 »
Hi,
for me, this is a pretty puzzle. I use two separate almost identical profiles, one for horses and the other for dogs. While AUS/NZL horses generate no crashes, AUS/NZL greyhounds terminate the MFP several times a night. I thing that the different names of markets might be one of more causes. Yesterday the MFP crashed as soon as I started to monitor also the markets that were properly ticked in the event tree. I tried the market locator as well as ticked the markets manually - no difference.

A possibility is to remove these "bad" markets manually in advance. Anyway, I am looking forward to today's races and perhaps will find some temporary solution ;).

mkas

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2014, 00:43 »
Its happened to me today.
AUS missing from Country selections.

AUS Races evident in the "Todays Racing" tree but are coloured orange.

Good luck
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 14 Nov 2014, 07:04 »
A few times today, MFP has crashed in these circumstances :

- AUS Dogs
- A late scratching
- Scratched dog's name still in the market but with no input in any of the price categories
- Market is not suspended

CRASH..."Abnormal Termination"

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 16 Nov 2014, 03:16 »
Mkas has also reported MFP8 crashing in these circumstances :-

- AUS or NZL Dogs
- A Late scratching
- Scratched dog's name remains in the market but with no input of amount or prices whatsoever
- Market is not suspended

The abnormal termination always happens in these circumstances and these set of circumstances happen often enough to ruin one's betting day if one has "set and forget" and is away from the computer for long periods.

I'm guessing it's a Betfair problem and should be reported to Betfair by WellDone.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 16 Nov 2014, 09:19 »
Yes, I can confirm this.
Just now: Greyhound-TodaysCard/10:18Warragul(AU)R7460mGr5-R7460mGr5

mkas

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 17 Nov 2014, 01:55 »
Same problem for me, every 20 minutes or so crashes on AUS/NZ greys

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 17 Nov 2014, 05:28 »
Oxa, About Market Locator!

It's only possible to search for odds as "last traded",  as it's now I am not finding all the games - would it be a problem to have the functionality to search for the actual back or lay odds?

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #11 on: 17 Nov 2014, 07:21 »
I don't think this is limited to AUS markets .. from time to time I get this crash on UK markets also. I haven't been able to pin point it yet.
Fortune favors the brave!

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 18 Nov 2014, 03:40 »
Yesterday and today markets for AUS Horse racing failed to load on opening as selected in options.

I only noticed after not seeing any action emailed to me after racing started. I logged in to my PC remotely and sure enough My Markets was empty. I did see the same problem when I was home yesterday, as MFPro opened and only markets starting after 0400 GMT (1400 AST) loaded.

I can only assume its the API issue as all was good under V7.
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 19 Nov 2014, 01:54 »
Another day same problem. All AUS markets loaded in orange (in-play?) and no markets appeared in MyMarkets tab.

Geting annoyed
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 19 Nov 2014, 05:46 »
I've just had a "live chat" complaint with Betfair about the AUS/NZL/dogs/late scratching/MFP8 crashing fiasco.

This is their response :-

"We are aware of these issues and are currently being investigated by Aus and UK teams with a high priority."

Fingers crossed !

pfc

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE