Author Topic: Multiple Platforms  (Read 2483 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
Multiple Platforms
« on: 29 Dec 2012, 09:14 »
Hi,

I wish to run multiple copies of V7.  I have done this no problem in V6 but I am getting:

"Error - Unable to start Logging System. Please change the logger port number in your settings and restart MF Pro."

What am I doing wrong?  I am running XP and creating multiple installations, named differently in "Program Files".  I have also tried the new profile feature on the log in screen but get the same message.  The two platforms do  run but all the test bets appear in one statement and other things also seem to clash.

(Since posting the above I see this is the subject to another thread which I missed - I am obviously not the only one having difficulties)

Help, please?

Alfaman

Re: Multiple Platforms
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2012, 10:08 »
Hi
Multiple instances in V7 should be run from a single installation, but with separate profiles. I suggest backing up any trigger files etc., uninstalling all copies of the program, and re-installing one installation with the default location, settings etc. Test that installation works OK. Now add a new profile to that installation, and test again. It should work OK.
Although there are some problems in recent versions, mcbee for example runs 21 instances from a single installation.

Hope this helps.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
Re: Multiple Platforms
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2012, 13:02 »
Hi Mark, that's very helpful.

( My problems are compounded by a pc packing up over Xmas so I am running one instance on a laptop from the old hard drive which is an abnormal location as it is not the drive with XP on it. )

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE