Author Topic: Newbie question - cant get test mode to do anything...  (Read 1370 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I am new to this product and have tried a few triggers in live mode, and seen them work.
But I have been unable to get any trigger to work at all in Test mode.

I am guessing I must have some settings wrong somewhere but I cant figure it out.

Also, if anyone has a VERY simple trigger that I could use that will always create at least one bet in a race that would be great. For example a trigger that just places a bet on the favourite 30 secs before the race with NO other conditions and clever ideas attached :-)
At least then I can see what is happening and know that there must be one bet generated. It also doesnt expose me to a huge loss if I test it live to make sure it works.

I have Test mode ON.
Triggers ON
$100 as available test funds.
Meetings are happening and doing nothing...
In the settings Tab there doesnt seem to be anything I should tick to make this work.

After a race there is a message under Matched Bets that just says Settled P/L $0.00

I have tried quite a few triggers from the trigger page area but none will work in Test mode.

All thoughts welcome :-)

• All members
Re: Newbie question - cant get test mode to do anything...
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2017, 06:23 »
Under Test Mode tab. make sure that "Settle Markets with data loaded from Betfair" is ticked.  The two options underneath should be unticked.

Make sure you are logging trigger actions and then check the trigger logs to find out why bets are not being placed.

If you are testing a laying trigger ensure there are enough test funds to cover the bets liabiity.

If you are placing bets below Betfair minimum make sure that "Allow Small Bets" is ticked under Betting Options tab.

• All members
Re: Newbie question - cant get test mode to do anything...
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jul 2017, 06:41 »
rubold wrote...
Under Test Mode tab. make sure that "Settle Markets with data loaded from Betfair" is ticked.  The two options underneath should be unticked.
Checked and unticked two below...

Make sure you are logging trigger actions and then check the trigger logs to find out why bets are not being placed.
Logging is on but no bets being placed.

If you are testing a laying trigger ensure there are enough test funds to cover the bets liabiity. No, not laying.

If you are placing bets below Betfair minimum make sure that "Allow Small Bets" is ticked under Betting Options tab.
No, bets are $5.

Excellent, it works now. It appears to have been the two check boxes under the loaded from Betfair box.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE