Author Topic: NIGHTMARE!!!!  (Read 50461 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
  • head always buried in stats
Re: NIGHTMARE!!!!
« Reply #15 on: 05 Jan 2014, 11:03 »
hi
with the icons, just hover the mouse pointer over the icon, then press the right mounse button and choose delete.
do that for every old icon and job done.

mcbee

YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE IT !
I went through every icon MF7 related, deleted and removed the program via the control panel. No sign of mf7 anywhere ......
Re installed, AND renamed all as per your suggestion and hey presto 10 minutes after start up, the whole thing just dissapeared the same as it did in the first place!!!!
I have just installed the whole thing on a laptop and guess what, the same dissapearing act has also taken place after about 10 minutes. the trigger block size is half of the original at 680kb.
 This is getting really silly now, as there is no log or error message to check for the reason for the crash.
AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! :-\

This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

« Reply #16 on: 05 Jan 2014, 13:19 »
Hi betfair winner
1. How many markets are being monitored when the software closes?

2. Please try running an example trigger supplied with the software in the triggers folder, ideally on a fresh Profile for this test.
If that works OK, then the fault is in your trigger file, and we can look at that.
If the same problem persists, the fault is related to your installation / configuration / software blocking / internet connection etc.

I will wait on your answer to the above, and if necessary, will respond you your earlier request re remote support if you still wish it.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #17 on: 05 Jan 2014, 13:48 »

Hi betfair winner
1. How many markets are being monitored when the software closes?

2. Please try running an example trigger supplied with the software in the triggers folder, ideally on a fresh Profile for this test.
If that works OK, then the fault is in your trigger file, and we can look at that.
If the same problem persists, the fault is related to your installation / configuration / software blocking / internet connection etc.

I will wait on your answer to the above, and if necessary, will respond you your earlier request re remote support if you still wish it.
Hi Mark

Thanks for this
I have 44 triggers in the block running horse racing only
each trigger refers to a file which is used as a reference for the trigger to operate.

using a  demo trigger supplied with V7 works fine but these are small blocks of 66kb
however the current block that keeps crashing 670kb was working just fine for about a  year on version 7.0.043.
 i was getting" trigger logging error change port number" when opening up a second platform, so taking advice from the forum, decided to replace the existing and run from a single instance of the program. It was then all these problems kicked off.
But even reverting back to the old platform still does not solve the crashes.
Running a cut down version of the block around 200kb seems to work ok, but this does not explain why it worked ok before at full size of 1200kb with  no problem.
I can mail you the trigger file where is your preferred mailing address as it is too large to attach here.
Thanks again.

This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• All members
« Reply #18 on: 05 Jan 2014, 14:23 »
In your screenshot sent with reply #10,  it appears that you are monitoring all loaded markets (ie. they all show in Bold green).  Is this necessary?

« Reply #19 on: 05 Jan 2014, 14:31 »
Hi
Please do one more thing:

Open Windows Task Manager
View Menu > Select Columns > Ensure Threads is ticked.
Leave Task Manager running.

Now start MFP with your trigger and run it like you normally would.
Refer to Task Manager, and look for feeder7.exe
Note the number of threads in use by feeder7.exe
If this exceeds 30, please adjust the following setting in MFP:
Settings > Monitoring Options > Maximum number of open threads
Set it to cover what you saw in Task Manager
Save settings and restart MFP
Try again and report back - thanks.

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #20 on: 05 Jan 2014, 15:31 »
Hi
Please do one more thing:

Open Windows Task Manager
View Menu > Select Columns > Ensure Threads is ticked.
Leave Task Manager running.

Now start MFP with your trigger and run it like you normally would.
Refer to Task Manager, and look for feeder7.exe
Note the number of threads in use by feeder7.exe
If this exceeds 30, please adjust the following setting in MFP:
Settings > Monitoring Options > Maximum number of open threads
Set it to cover what you saw in Task Manager
Save settings and restart MFP
Try again and report back - thanks.

Hi
OK the problem now is that i have the older version 7.0.043 installed (that used to work fine) this version has no threads adjustment in "settings".

Either way the task manager (screenshot ATT) has no information i can see relating to threads on V7.

Also on the screenshot above the platform crashed running the small version of my block after about an hour with the att message. Mcbee covered this earlier but the program started with all the paths correct however there is no folder i can find with the settings.ini extension, everything in the path is fine till that settings extension

Now i just got "error code 8 not enough resources to process this command"
so platform has just crashed again.

• Élite
« Reply #21 on: 05 Jan 2014, 15:33 »
In your screenshot sent with reply #10,  it appears that you are monitoring all loaded markets (ie. they all show in Bold green).  Is this necessary?

Thanks for the question rubold, and the answer is absolutely YES

« Reply #22 on: 05 Jan 2014, 16:29 »
Hi
My thinking:
The latest version allows you to adjust the maximum number of open threads.
I think it must be worth trying it. Even just to change the default of 30 to say 80 for your purpose.
In Windows Task Manager, if you go to the View menu, and then choose Select Columns, you should be able to tick Threads.
This will enable you to see how many threads are being used by feeder7.exe
at least you will have tried it.

And...
Your trigger file has 44 triggers each referring to its own separate text file to read some value and return it to the program. I am fairly certain your historical and current issues are related to this.

NOW, the latest version allows you to import selections from a text file, AND also allows you to import numeric and text values. This is something that could not be done in earlier versions. I think you can see what I am alluding to and I was wondering if your application can take advantage of this.
The variable is: imported_{index}
and a sample text file might look like this (tab separated values - as many as you need):
Morestead   12   4   "McCoy"
Decent Lord   8   3   "Quinlan"

so two conditions could be:
and selections trigger expression imported_3 contains "Quinlan"
and selections trigger expression imported_1 is equal to 8

• Élite
« Reply #23 on: 05 Jan 2014, 17:55 »
hi
Now i just got "error code 8 not enough resources to process this command"
so platform has just crashed again.
what virtual memory do you have set, it should be set to a very high amount, do not tick automatically manage paging file size for all drives.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #24 on: 05 Jan 2014, 18:13 »
Hi
Your Task Manager screenshot shows Version 6 and Version 7 running concurrently. Have you throttled back the Data Requests in both to stay within the Betfair limit? Do you think there are sufficient allowed Data Requests to service all the markets, bets refresh, statement refresh, silks data etc. without any queuing of requests? If there is a self-imposed bottleneck, the queue will compound and eventually something will have to give way. 

• Élite
« Reply #25 on: 06 Jan 2014, 08:44 »
Hi
My thinking:
The latest version allows you to adjust the maximum number of open threads.
I think it must be worth trying it. Even just to change the default of 30 to say 80 for your purpose.
In Windows Task Manager, if you go to the View menu, and then choose Select Columns, you should be able to tick Threads.
This will enable you to see how many threads are being used by feeder7.exe
at least you will have tried it.

hi Markv
thanks again for the info i have just put in the latest version and checked the open threads on task manager and it was 51 so have increased to 80 as you suggested.

just got the error messages att, so have adjusted virual memory as MCbee suggested, but the new settings as per the attached also gave me the "out of memory" message before the crash. Maybe you can take a look at the virtual memory to see if i did it right on the attached?

re the idea of importing the text files this could work but would mean a re write of the trigger blocks and need a stable platform before going down that road. But it looks a great idea thanks. i AM still using V6 as it is really stable and reliable and works great for my needs, but am keen to upgrade to v7 because of greater functionality.

Thanks a lot guys .

• Élite
« Reply #26 on: 06 Jan 2014, 08:52 »
Hi
Your Task Manager screenshot shows Version 6 and Version 7 running concurrently. Have you throttled back the Data Requests in both to stay within the Betfair limit? Do you think there are sufficient allowed Data Requests to service all the markets, bets refresh, statement refresh, silks data etc. without any queuing of requests? If there is a self-imposed bottleneck, the queue will compound and eventually something will have to give way. 

Hi
Mark i had no end of problems a couple of years back with data charges etc but managed to get things under control for the last 2 years and have no problem now, but as you say with all the data requests, something has to give, which is why my pc is a top spec machine that should cope with all this.

It has been doing great as i said previously for over a year with all this till I tried to get the switch over to V7 a few days ago, by running two platforms and got the trigger logging errors, which was when i re installed and all the problems started. 

• Élite
« Reply #27 on: 06 Jan 2014, 09:18 »
hi
i have mine set to min 15000 and max 15000
with your memory you could set min 30000 and max 30000
the more the better because if you have lots of triggers working and lots of markets monitoring mfp need lots of memory.

also if you have a flash stick/card or data traveler, put that in your computer and set it for readyboost,this speeds up your computer a lot because the computer uses the flashcard as memory, i have 2 in my computer 1 set to 15 GB readyboost and the other i use to keep my triggers, then if anything goes wrong with my laptop, i allways have the triggers backed up in my data traveler.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #28 on: 06 Jan 2014, 09:37 »
hi Markv
thanks again for the info i have just put in the latest version and checked the open threads on task manager and it was 51 so have increased to 80 as you suggested.

just got the error messages att, so have adjusted virual memory as MCbee suggested, but the new settings as per the attached also gave me the "out of memory" message before the crash. Maybe you can take a look at the virtual memory to see if i did it right on the attached?

re the idea of importing the text files this could work but would mean a re write of the trigger blocks and need a stable platform before going down that road. But it looks a great idea thanks. i AM still using V6 as it is really stable and reliable and works great for my needs, but am keen to upgrade to v7 because of greater functionality.

Thanks a lot guys .

Hi
The message shown in your latest screenshot indicates a connection problem to Betfair, plus you are running 2x instances of V6 and 1x instance of V7 all at the same time.

I feel it really not practical to attempt any troubleshooting in this situation, because it is impossible to pinpoint any fault with so many things going on.

If you want to get V7 up and running, it should be the only application running at that time, so it can be tested properly, any faults identified and corrected. Once you are happy with it, you can gradually add your other apps.

Regarding your trigger, I do not doubt your computing power, but I am of the opinion that the trigger design can be modified to improve performance within the known constraints of the software e.g. number of refreshing markets, refresh rate, data requests etc.

« Reply #29 on: 06 Jan 2014, 10:28 »
Hi
Might be worth switching off logging and see if there is any improvement:
Settings > Betting Options > Triggers > Log information about triggers
Settings > Betting Options > Triggers > Log trigger expressions
ensure both are unticked, save settings, restart program

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE