Author Topic: NIGHTMARE!!!!  (Read 50455 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
  • head always buried in stats
Re: NIGHTMARE!!!!
« Reply #30 on: 06 Jan 2014, 11:23 »
Hi
Might be worth switching off logging and see if there is any improvement:
Settings > Betting Options > Triggers > Log information about triggers
Settings > Betting Options > Triggers > Log trigger expressions
ensure both are unticked, save settings, restart program

Hi Mark and mcbee
Thanks again to you guys for this.
I have increased virtual memory to 30000 as suggested, and turned off trigger logging on V7.

i restarted the platform and ran it on its own for about 4 minutes and it worked brilliantly!    But after 4mins and 22 seconds an audio "ding" sounded and V7 dissapeared without trace or error message.
back to the drawing board.
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #31 on: 06 Jan 2014, 12:05 »
hi
there is a variable/formula somewhere that is looking for a value that is not available or outside its limit.
the variable/formula could be in a trigger or trigger formula, it could also be in your variable screen.
first check your variable screen and delete any variable with a formula.
then see how mfp works, if it is still crashing then the variable is in your triggers.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #32 on: 06 Jan 2014, 12:38 »

hi
there is a variable/formula somewhere that is looking for a value that is not available or outside its limit.
the variable/formula could be in a trigger or trigger formula, it could also be in your variable screen.
first check your variable screen and delete any variable with a formula.
then see how mfp works, if it is still crashing then the variable is in your triggers.

mcbee

HI MCBEE
I have been running just 4 triggers which have no variables or formulas (unless you can see something there)
I was running just 4 of the attached triggers in a single block for 35 minutes before once again it vanished ! 2 or these triggers are attached as they are all the same apart from the thresholds.

This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #33 on: 06 Jan 2014, 14:01 »
hi
i am running the triggers now, but can see no problems with the formula.
i have just gone through your screenshots again and your V7 is running to high on the memory for some reason, all my V7 run between 10,000k and 72,000k, yours is showing 1,178,924k  this to me is way to high.
at the moment i cannot think why yours would be using so much memory, this is the problem, if we can find out why, then we can stop your crashes.
can you please include a screenshot of your betting and monitoring options from within the settings.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #34 on: 06 Jan 2014, 14:12 »
Hi
Also run your triggers with no problem. I doubled up the triggers, so running 4x triggers each with different back amounts. All fine.

I reduced the data requests in Connection Monitor to 5. The program, and your trigger worked fine, just slower refresh on everything.

Running the 4x trigger, with 10 markets refreshing, my memory usage was 71,088K

I replicated the "vanishing" which is the program's elegant way of shutting down when there is a connection problem to Betfair, by switching my router off and on few times. You should be able to see if this is the case by some error some messages in the Program log.

You may as well turn trigger logging on again (but not log trigger expressions)
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #35 on: 06 Jan 2014, 15:22 »
hi
i am running the triggers now, but can see no problems with the formula.
i have just gone through your screenshots again and your V7 is running to high on the memory for some reason, all my V7 run between 10,000k and 72,000k, yours is showing 1,178,924k  this to me is way to high.
at the moment i cannot think why yours would be using so much memory, this is the problem, if we can find out why, then we can stop your crashes.
can you please include a screenshot of your betting and monitoring options from within the settings.

mcbee

hI Mcbee
Just to clarify the screen shot with the task manager at full stretch i posted was when many more triggers were running, not the block i mailed you which had 4 when the program shut down after 35 minutes.
i will fire up the program tomorrow when the racing card is full and get the screen shot you need, with all the triggers running.
It still amazes me that the big block worked great for a year until i uninstalled and re installed!

Many thanks to you and Mark V for all the work you have done on this in trying to ID the problem.

• Élite
« Reply #36 on: 06 Jan 2014, 15:28 »
Hi
Also run your triggers with no problem. I doubled up the triggers, so running 4x triggers each with different back amounts. All fine.

I reduced the data requests in Connection Monitor to 5. The program, and your trigger worked fine, just slower refresh on everything.

Running the 4x trigger, with 10 markets refreshing, my memory usage was 71,088K

I replicated the "vanishing" which is the program's elegant way of shutting down when there is a connection problem to Betfair, by switching my router off and on few times. You should be able to see if this is the case by some error some messages in the Program log.

You may as well turn trigger logging on again (but not log trigger expressions)

Yes the router will create the "session" error message, but over the past couple of days  i only had this once, all the other shutdowns I SUSPECT were not related to internet connection as i had no error message, and V6 works like clockwork all the time.
I will get the triggers logs back on and update you tomorrow.
THANKS A MILLION  ;D

• Élite
« Reply #37 on: 06 Jan 2014, 15:35 »
hi
with your triggers running perfect for that length of time, then it is something to do with your new settings or you have not given the new installation full access through something that is causing the crashes, you will have to go through all your software to see which one is causing the crash.
just use mfp and do not surf the internet, then turn your antivirus off for half an hour or so, to see if the problem stops.
then turn off one at a time any other malware/virus etc checking software.

mcbee

P.S
i used to use a router and had all sorts of problems with it not working properly, i would have intermitent internet, but not enough to cause problems with v6 as v6 waits for a re-connection.
i traced the problem to my voltage regulator/adaptor, it would give the correct volts, then at a certain time after, it would give low volts thus a poor connection to the internet, i found it happened more in the hot weather,the adaptor overheated, when i renewed my adaptor all was ok.

« Reply #38 on: 06 Jan 2014, 17:55 »
Hi
I copied up 40x triggers and loaded 42x racing markets.
You can see in the screenshot the memory used so far in about 3 hours running, and it continues to increase.

My suggestion would be to convert all the triggers to no more than 10 actual triggers, and use OR condition blocks instead. Any thoughts mcbee?
There must be hundreds of duplicate conditions being checked unnecessarily.
Also, in these triggers there is no reference to the 40 odd text files which are called from the triggers as mentioned earlier?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #39 on: 06 Jan 2014, 18:18 »
Hi
It got up to 1,168,704K used and then I had multiple errors:
"not enough storage to process this command"
and then it crashed
I'm sure now the problem is in the trigger. There must be a way to improve it.

update: the program log in the last few minutes before crashing showed
error while updating list of bets
error while updating statement
error while getting funds at BF

on restarting the program, I deleted all the markets, loaded another trigger file, and all was fine.

• Élite
« Reply #40 on: 06 Jan 2014, 18:34 »
hi mark
that was a good test.
any chance of doing it again, but this time see what the paged memory/virtual memory  was.
it might be a simple case of setting the virtual memory to the maximum that the disk can take.
then it would take a very long time to reach the limit.

mcbee

« Reply #41 on: 06 Jan 2014, 22:42 »
Hi
Here are the results attached.
The error message is referenced in a search. Here is an example:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/507853/system-error-code-8-not-enough-storage-is-available-to-process-this-command

• Élite
« Reply #42 on: 06 Jan 2014, 23:53 »
hi mark
thanks for doing that.
here is the information for the error 8

If your program uses a lot of windows resources it could be a Resource Heap shortage.

There is a registry entry that can be increased to raise the heap size for XP. For Vista Microsoft already sets the default value higher. I recommend changing the default 3072 to at least 8192.

This information is documented in the MS Knowledge Base  (or search for "Out of Memory"). Additional details concerning the parameter values may be found in article KB184802 .

I suggest you read the knowledgebase article but the basic info on the change is:

Run Registry Editor (REGEDT32.EXE).

From the HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINE subtree, go to the following key:

\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystem
On the right hand side of the screen double-click on the key:

windows
On the pop-up window you will see a very long field selected. Move the cursor near the beginning of the string looking for this (values may vary):

SharedSection=1024,3072,512
SharedSection specifies the System and desktop heaps using the following format: SharedSection=xxxx,yyyy,zzz where xxxx defines the maximum size of the system-wide heap (in kilobytes), yyyy defines the size of the per desktop heap, and zzz defines the size of the desktop heap for a "non-interactive" window station.

Change ONLY the yyyy value to 8192 (or larger) and press OK.

Exit the Registry Editor and reboot the PC for the change to take effect.

Good luck.

i checked mine and here is my settings for windows 7

\Windows SharedSection=1024,12288,512

« Reply #43 on: 07 Jan 2014, 07:39 »
Thanks mcbee
The tests were run on Windows 7 Ultimate
this is my registry setting at the time of testing
\Windows SharedSection=1024,20480,768

• Élite
« Reply #44 on: 07 Jan 2014, 08:08 »
hi
i hope that this page will help.
http://error8.org/
sorry but this seems to be a charged item.
i use the free advanced system care software and have never had the error 8 or any others,  
http://www.iobit.com/
i have used these for some years now, the free version has a few restrictions, but works great and cleans the computer.

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE