Author Topic: NIGHTMARE!!!!  (Read 50453 times)

Tags:
Re: NIGHTMARE!!!!
« Reply #45 on: 07 Jan 2014, 09:01 »
Thanks mcbee.

Like you, I have never had the problem, and my computer is fine. I am sure also, from the spec he gave, that betfair winner's computer is OK too.
I ran the test to try and replicate betfair winners problem, by running about 40 triggers similar to the 2 he posted. The idea being, that it is similar to the trigger file he actually uses. The size of this test trigger file is 208kb. Betfair winners file is in the region of 600kb in size, and must be much more complex.

If you run the attached trigger file on a day's horse racing markets all refreshing at the same time, I am certain you will have the same problem.

My point in running the test was really to confirm my thinking that the design of the trigger could be improved by using OR condition blocks instead of individual triggers, and I was asking your advice and thoughts on that.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #46 on: 07 Jan 2014, 10:05 »
hi
i ran the test for about 1 hour, but need to start my triggers now.
the memory usage hit 361,000k, but has now reduced to 238,000
there are only 12 races today so that might be the problem.

i am a true believer of if you can do with 1 trigger that would normaly be 5 triggers then that 1 will work 5+ times faster.
i have not seen the full set of triggers, so cannot coment on a trigger reduction.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
« Reply #47 on: 07 Jan 2014, 10:40 »
Hi Guys
Looks like you have both been running the night shift,  trying to understand what is going on here ! Thanks again for the brilliant support you guys are offering and the help is much appreciated.

Just to update you both ....

I started up from a reboot this morning, turned off kaspersky and ensured no internet of any other apps were running. This was after i cleaned the whole pc up from 6000 errors which were fixed by that brilliant link you suggested MCbee "www.iobit.com"
no serious issues were found just a general clean up.
I put the full set of triggers in and MF7 ran perfectly for 7 minutes before doing the now familiar dissapearing act with the accompanying "audio ding"

Whilst there is no doubt that with your expertise we can make the block more efficient
the fact remains that with just the 4 triggers running i mailed you the platform will crash eventually after around 35 mins in my case instead of 7 with all the triggers running.
Assuming that mf7 users are not too technical (like me) i fear that this kind of problem may duplicate itself with the more novice users, and adversely effect the v7 profile compared to the old reliable but limited v6
What next guys ?
I can mail you the full block of triggers to test,  but will need to mail you the folder where all the files are kept then you will have to use wordpad to change all the file paths to work on your own pcs .
Thanks again you are legends !
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #48 on: 07 Jan 2014, 11:01 »
hi betfair winner
can i see a screenshot of your general , betting and monitoring option settings.
that way i can set up a profile with your settings.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #49 on: 07 Jan 2014, 11:11 »
Hi Mcbee
att............... ;D
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #50 on: 07 Jan 2014, 14:54 »
Just as an update (as it may have something to do with the crashes)
Yesterday in the brief moments that V7 was working, i got some test account statements but today i have ZILCH!
Nothing except yesterday in the logs and files.

• Élite
« Reply #51 on: 07 Jan 2014, 16:55 »
hi
it is going back to something blocking mfp from saving the information.

• Élite
« Reply #52 on: 07 Jan 2014, 17:01 »
hi
can you please go to the location that mfp is installed.
where you see feeder7
hover the mouse pointer over the feeder7 icon
click the right mouse button
select properties
select  compatability
Privilage Level    should be ticked    Run this program as administrator

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #53 on: 07 Jan 2014, 17:07 »
also the folder   MarketFeeder Pro TM
hover the mouse pointer over it and click the right mouse button
select  properties
select  security
permissions for users
the folder should have all the allow  ticked

• Élite
« Reply #54 on: 07 Jan 2014, 17:48 »
I loaded the latest version of V7 last night to test the import idea that MarkV suggested above.

This morning I reset the trigger to one I have been running in test mode for a couple of months.  It is very brief and monitors all UK and Irish races for only 15 minutes prior to the start and backs/lays one or two selections based on price movement then greens up.

I did not expect to face 'Betfair Winners' problems as I am not doing much - but hey presto - come home tonight - no platform and no statement for the day.  The last months statements are there but zilch for today.

I have not started to unpick today's posts in this saga but I do hope I can get back to the position I was in yesterday morning!

Why oh why did I upgrade?

• Élite
« Reply #55 on: 07 Jan 2014, 18:51 »
hi
i downloaded and installed the latest version this morning at 12.46
i have ran it on and off today, with program logs,statement and trigger logs showing.
so there is no problem with the new versions logs etc.

mcbee

« Reply #56 on: 07 Jan 2014, 22:10 »
Hi
I can also confirm I am running the latest version without problems.
In the tests I did yesterday, I wanted to try to replicate betfair winner’s large trigger file of about 40 triggers, with up to 40 markets concurrently refreshing. I believe I did reproduce the problem where the system ran out of resources.

Further to what I had mentioned earlier, V7 operates much smoother with a restricted number of markets being concurrently monitored. Could you refresh your markets in batches rather than all at once, or stagger your markets refresh rate using the set markets idle refresh trigger action.

It may also help to give as many available data requests to your markets and switch off unneeded stuff. e.g.:
AUS wallet update set to max if not required
Bet list for AUS markets
Match Score
Silks (but I think you may be using this one)
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #57 on: 08 Jan 2014, 09:07 »
also the folder   MarketFeeder Pro TM
hover the mouse pointer over it and click the right mouse button
select  properties
select  security
permissions for users
the folder should have all the allow  ticked

hover the mouse pointer over the feeder7 icon
click the right mouse button
select properties
select  compatability
Privilage Level    should be ticked    Run this program as administrator

mcbee

Update on the continuing sage guys ....
as above mcbee I can confirm that "privilage" was ticked and i always run as admin.
and all but the bottom entry is ticked which is "special permissions" under the security tab.

Re the statement problem i noticed that the installation into the default folder (programs x86) had less folders that were in the previous versions the missing ones were  as per the screenshot. I was not sure if this was causing the problem crashes and no statement etc so put the install into "users" instead where all the folders are now visible. Sadly however the crashes occured within 90 seconds of the start! ::)

Any other ideas welcome otherwise do you think that this is one for the support team ?

Failing that is it possible to convert the v7 block to work on V6?

• Élite
« Reply #58 on: 08 Jan 2014, 09:14 »

Further to what I had mentioned earlier, V7 operates much smoother with a restricted number of markets being concurrently monitored. Could you refresh your markets in batches rather than all at once, or stagger your markets refresh rate using the set markets idle refresh trigger action.

It may also help to give as many available data requests to your markets and switch off unneeded stuff. e.g.:
AUS wallet update set to max if not required
Bet list for AUS markets
Match Score
Silks (but I think you may be using this one)

Hi MarkV
Thanks for the above input and i am able to confirm that io have tried all manor of staggering the triggers, to the point where just 4 triggers (that i mailed you) was crashing it after 30 minutes.

As you will remember Mcbee in an earlier posting suggested a similar idea in switching everything off including anti virus and running just a few triggers with everything turned off . we crashed in 30 minutes too................

This is clearly not just my problem either as i see alfaman also had crashes yesterday..

Hope you can come up with inspiration soon as i have the razor hovering over my wrists as i speak! :o

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: 08 Jan 2014, 12:00 »
I want to thank mcbee and MarkV for the excellent non-stop support in this topic.

BF winner, in your case I can only offer to connect to your computer remotely and conduct a full check of what happens with MF Pro when it is configured your way. I will have to wait for the crash and try and detect its reason, I will also inspect your triggers and settings.

This will obviously imply you giving me the access to your computer for performing the described support session. Let me know if you are ready for this.

I can offer the same thing to alfaman.

-------------
I should also add that it is quite normal and possible that MF Pro will run out of memory if executing many triggers in many simultaneous markets (like MarkV's 40 triggers in 40 markets). It is not to be expected that MF Pro possesses a special power of storing its data in a non-existent memory. Just how many triggers and how many markets you will be able to run differs depending on your computer spec and the things your trigger are doing, and is often determined experimentally.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE