Author Topic: NIGHTMARE!!!!  (Read 50580 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
  • head always buried in stats
NIGHTMARE!!!!
« on: 02 Jan 2014, 14:01 »
Just been using V7 for test platform (successfully) for about a year, but when opening second incidence using a different profile for another platform i was getting "

Error - Unable to start Logging System. Please change the logger port number in your settings and restart MF Pro."

So i decided to back up triggers and re-install

when i clicked the uninstall icon for MF7 i was asked "do you want to uninstall MF7" to which i clicked "yes" and made a cup of tea. When i returned thousands of files were being deleted in all manor of places, including all my library of music and video as well as photos!  All my temp internet files went, so I had to find all the usernames and passwords etc.

As if this was not enough once i re installed V7 THE PLATFORM crashes every few minutes unless i disable all but a handful of triggers.

So i reverted to version 7.1.0.8. but problem still continues where after a few minutes i get a audio chime and the platform just vanishes.  I do not now get the error message though. HELP GUYS! as the same block was working just fine before i uninstalled.
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
Re: NIGHTMARE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jan 2014, 14:55 »
hi
first, check to see if your computer has a backup location, if so, then check the last backup date, there should be a system backup AND program backup or WindowsImageBackup, you should find these in D drive
open your recycle bin to see if you can restore your files.
check to see how much memory that you have left in C drive, sometimes when a delete goes wrong, it creates big files and takes up most of the disk space, so mfp has no where to save or work.
check your avaiable memory.
just a few things to start with.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2014, 15:48 »
Hi Mc bee
Thanks a lot good to be back but regrettably as below not much to cheers....

hi
first, check to see if your computer has a backup location,

always had a problem with "system restore" as i always get a message that the "back up" drive can never be found, on XP this was never a problem and i used sytem restore regularly when things went "tits up".

so system restore has never worked and i cannot set a restore point manually either.

if so, then check the last backup date, there should be a system backup AND program backup or WindowsImageBackup, you should find these in D drive
sadly only a c drive and a search for WindowsImageBackup, finds nothing

open your recycle bin to see if you can restore your files.
recycycle bin has nothing in it that was deleted this morning only from a few days ago.

check to see how much memory that you have left in C drive, sometimes when a delete goes wrong, it creates big files and takes up most of the disk space, so mfp has no where to save or work.
 loads of reserve here  3%CPU usage and 30% memory usage

just a few things to start with.
any other ideas especially re the crashes appreciated. Thanks Mcbee
mcbee
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jan 2014, 18:52 »
hi
sorry, but you must check that mfp has access through your firewal,antivirus etc software, because you have re-installed mfp, so to the other software, the location might be different.
and make sure that mfp and mfp folders are running as administartor and have full access.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jan 2014, 20:14 »
Can you post the specs of your machine?

CPU, RAM, OS, DISK etc.
Fortune favors the brave!

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jan 2014, 09:28 »
Hi Mcbee
Thanks for the advise and i checked this and the firewall is allowing both feeder 7 and mfp through ok. Just started program as "run as administrator" and it worked for around 2 minutes before dissapearing again......

hi
sorry, but you must check that mfp has access through your firewal,antivirus etc software, because you have re-installed mfp, so to the other software, the location might be different.
and make sure that mfp and mfp folders are running as administartor and have full access.

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jan 2014, 09:34 »
Can you post the specs of your machine?

CPU, RAM, OS, DISK etc.
Hi 1oser
thanks and the spec is
intel core i7 2600 cpu @ 3.4 ghz
8gb memory
64 bit operating system
system rated at 5.3

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jan 2014, 10:08 »
Is your MFPro installed in the default locations supplied by the installer, or did you alter these?

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 03 Jan 2014, 10:15 »

Is your MFPro installed in the default locations supplied by the installer, or did you alter these?
bold
hi rubold
i put it into the default location, and have now since installed the old version in the default location which  i originally had "setup_MarketFeederPro_7_0_eng 2013" from last Feb; but that too has crashed after a couple of minutes.
Thanks for the input

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 03 Jan 2014, 10:32 »
hi
it sounds like your DEP is stopping mfp.
press start at the bottom of your computer screen
select control panel
select system and security
select system
select advanced system settings
select performance settings
selecet data execution prevention
if it is set for all programs, then add marketfeeder pro, feeder 7.exe, teditor

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 03 Jan 2014, 12:42 »
hi
it sounds like your DEP is stopping mfp.
press start at the bottom of your computer screen
select control panel
select system and security
select system
select advanced system settings
select performance settings
selecet data execution prevention
if it is set for all programs, then add marketfeeder pro, feeder 7.exe, teditor

mcbee

Hi Mcbee
thanks for this
the attached screens shows the DEP after i changed it from the default top setting.
when i restarted it the program crashes as usual but with some error messages as above screen shows
Also after changing the setting i could no longer start V6 so restarted again and reverted to top setting .
Would it be possible to consider a (premium paid for) teamviewer type service where you could take a look at things to quickly ID why these things are occurring?

• Élite
« Reply #11 on: 03 Jan 2014, 16:20 »
hi
the screenshots are showing that something has blocked access or you have installed in a different folder/location.
hover the mouse pointer over the mfp short cut for your profile that you are using,and click the right mouse button.
now check to see where the Start in address is, it should be the same location as your error message.
if it is not, then you are running the profile from one location and mfp is trying to save in another location.
check the location from the error message to see if there is mfp located there, if so try running direct from the location, and then create new profile from there.
what antivirus are you using.

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #12 on: 04 Jan 2014, 08:46 »

the screenshots are showing that something has blocked access or you have installed in a different folder/location.

you are running the profile from one location and mfp is trying to save in another location.
check the location from the error message to see if there is mfp located there, if so try running direct from the location, and then create new profile from there.
what antivirus are you using.

Hi Mcbee

You were right! (of course)
Despite the fact that i had allowed everything to go to default location, the uninstall had not taken out all the different incidence of the program and it was writing to an old install.
So the program is not actually dissapearing now, however we are now left with the program operating the triggers perfectly for about 10 minutes before it gradually grinds to a halt and stops.
I tried to separate the triggers into two blocks of half the size and run them on two different accounts, and take out all the non related races for each, but it still produces these blank screens after around 15 minutes. As i type 1 platform has crashed the other is continuing but now I see from the task manager that the other has crashed also, but both are still visible.
As i mention in the initial posting there seemed to be no problem with the original install which ran for about a year with no problem. Any other ideas?
i am running KASPERSKY anti virus by the way
thanks again Mcbee you are a legend!

• Élite
« Reply #13 on: 04 Jan 2014, 11:12 »
hi
i think that you need to start from a fresh install, so to save any triggers and info.
it would be better if you renamed ALL the mfp folders , just add a 1 to the folder name.
so  MarketFeeder Pro 7 , will be   MarketFeeder Pro 71
do this in your
c:drive
Program files
Program Files (x86)   (if you have this)
Users ,  Win7 ,
again the mfp folders including   MarketFeeder Pro 7 tm
now install mfp to the default location as setup by the installer.
you will have to create new profiles etc, but all will work as before.
you can copy your triggers from your renamed folders, BUT do not copy any profiles etc, TRIGGERS only.

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #14 on: 04 Jan 2014, 14:06 »
hi
with the icons, just hover the mouse pointer over the icon, then press the right mounse button and choose delete.
do that for every old icon and job done.

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE