Author Topic: No function - "traded_avg_price"  (Read 871 times)

Tags:
  • All members
No function - "traded_avg_price"
« on: 16 Aug 2021, 04:15 »
Hello,

I have this trigger attached but it won´t work and don´t know why.

The trigger is to fire a lay bet:

-If is In-Play;
-If the market length is 1m;
-If is between 30s and 1m10s (aprox.);
-If the Starting price is between @4.00 and @8.00;
-If in the last 5s;
-And if the traded average price of the last greater than 10

I saw the log and it won´t fire because it says that is not greater than 10. When is not true because I tried several times in different 1m markets and the trigger stoped in this condition...

I don´t know what is missing here. Can you guide me?

I attached the trigger for you to see.

• All members
Re: No function - "traded_avg_price"
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2021, 11:07 »
The last condition is wrong.

-And if the traded average price of the last is greater than 10....

Sorry about that....

« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2021, 17:06 »
Hi
I tested your trigger by widening some of the parameters. The trigger works fine.
I don't think traded_avg_price moves very much during in-play because it is the average price of all money traded on the selection since the market opened on Betfair. In-play volume is very small compared to the total volume.
Please see attached screenshot of a race just finished. In engineering mode first column is actual_sp, second column is traded_avg_price. I think this is the reason your trigger does not fire.  

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2021, 07:35 »
Thanks MarkV. I see what you mean. I didn´t realized that that function was based in all volume since the market opened in the Betfair. Now I see why it doesn´t move much.

So for example, an horse have @10.55 SP and during the race the odd moves up an down, like every horse. If the the odds (back and lay) down to @7.5 to back and @8.0 to lay, how can I calculate this down size compared to SP? Because, by my understanding, the odds can move without being matching money.

Example: SP @10.55

Lay        /    Back

@10.00  /    @11.00
@10.50  /    @12.00
@9.80   /    @10.50
@9.60   /    @10.00
@9.00   /    @9.60

etc.

Is it possible to calculate these average prices offered in live and for a certain time?

Thanks for your attention.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE