Author Topic: No sports in Market Locator  (Read 4454 times)

Tags:
  • All members
No sports in Market Locator
« on: 31 Dec 2012, 14:13 »
Hi,

MFP Running on a Windows Server 2003 x64 SP2. Firewall disabled, no antivirus. Clean install.

When I open Market Locator there is no sports. I am able to select countries, but I can't select any sports. And clicking on Search just results in the sports field to light red and telling me to select a sport.

I have tried searching the forum for similar issues but it seems it is firewall related. But the firewall is disabled, so that can't be the problem.

I have tried running the Troubleshooter application, and it completes successfull without any problems.

Do you have suggestments to fix the issue?

Thanks,

/N

Re: No sports in Market Locator
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2012, 14:45 »
Hi
As you say, this issue is mainly caused by antivirus / firewall / blocked port issues.
Suggestions:
Confirm you are not in a Betfair restricted country 
After installing MarketFeeder, try a reboot
Check DEP settings in Server 2003, give MFP full access
Give MFP full administrator privilege / run as administrator
Is port 443 open
Use Server 2003 network monitor/logging / Event Viewer to check where it is being blocked
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2013, 11:49 »
1. I am not in a Betfair restricted country.
2. DEP setting is disabled
3. MFP runned as administrator without restricted access
4. Everything else is working. I can select markets from All Markets tab.
5. Firewall is disabled.
6. VPS have been rebooted a few times.
6. In Network montor, I can see a lot of requests and responses to and from Betfair on port 443.

The sport field is still empty.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

/N.

« Reply #3 on: 02 Jan 2013, 12:23 »
Hi
I believe there are one or two others on the forum who are using Server 2003. Hopefully they might respond. If you have not done so already, send an email to [email protected]

Also, check your proxy settings are not blocking it, and you are not using a Local Group Policy that restricts MFP.

Update: having re-read your last post, I understand you are on a VPS. You have confirmed the firewall in Server 2003 is disabled, what about the VPS provider's firewall?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jan 2013, 22:56 »
I have now sent a mail to support@mark....

But I can see in the network monitor that there are a lot of connections to Betfair on port 443 and Betfair responses.

Also in command prompt I tried to telnet betfair's IP on port 443, and I get connection.

So it doesn't seems that there is anything blocking the outgoing connection to port 443.

I really appreciate that you are trying to help me. Thanks.

/N

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jan 2013, 08:27 »
Suddenly the Market Locator is working.  :o

I don't know how and why.... I haven't changed anything since yesterday..

But who cares... It's working  ;D

/N

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE