Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by nicbot on 31 Dec 2013
  • Hi,

MFP Running on a Windows Server 2003 x64 SP2. Firewall disabled, no antivirus. Clean install.

When I open Market Locator there is no sports. I am able to select countries, but I can't select any sports. And clicking on Search just results in the sports field to light red and telling me to select a sport.

I have tried searching the forum for similar issues but it seems it is firewall related. But the firewall is disabled, so that can't be the problem.

I have tried running the Troubleshooter application, and it completes successfull without any problems.

Do you have suggestments to fix the issue?

Thanks,

/N
  • #2 by MarkV on 31 Dec 2013
  • Hi
    As you say, this issue is mainly caused by antivirus / firewall / blocked port issues.
    Suggestions:
    Confirm you are not in a Betfair restricted country 
    After installing MarketFeeder, try a reboot
    Check DEP settings in Server 2003, give MFP full access
    Give MFP full administrator privilege / run as administrator
    Is port 443 open
    Use Server 2003 network monitor/logging / Event Viewer to check where it is being blocked
  • #3 by nicbot on 02 Jan 2013
  • 1. I am not in a Betfair restricted country.
    2. DEP setting is disabled
    3. MFP runned as administrator without restricted access
    4. Everything else is working. I can select markets from All Markets tab.
    5. Firewall is disabled.
    6. VPS have been rebooted a few times.
    6. In Network montor, I can see a lot of requests and responses to and from Betfair on port 443.

The sport field is still empty.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

/N.
  • #4 by MarkV on 02 Jan 2013
  • Hi
    I believe there are one or two others on the forum who are using Server 2003. Hopefully they might respond. If you have not done so already, send an email to [email protected]

Also, check your proxy settings are not blocking it, and you are not using a Local Group Policy that restricts MFP.

Update: having re-read your last post, I understand you are on a VPS. You have confirmed the firewall in Server 2003 is disabled, what about the VPS provider's firewall?
  • #5 by nicbot on 02 Jan 2013
  • I have now sent a mail to support@mark....

But I can see in the network monitor that there are a lot of connections to Betfair on port 443 and Betfair responses.

Also in command prompt I tried to telnet betfair's IP on port 443, and I get connection.

So it doesn't seems that there is anything blocking the outgoing connection to port 443.

I really appreciate that you are trying to help me. Thanks.

/N
  • #6 by nicbot on 04 Jan 2013
  • Suddenly the Market Locator is working.  :o

I don't know how and why.... I haven't changed anything since yesterday..

But who cares... It's working  ;D

/N
Pages:
Actions