Author Topic: Observation about Scheduled Market Search  (Read 2105 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Observation about Scheduled Market Search
« on: 02 Jun 2020, 09:30 »
I've just tried the automated loading of markets using Scheduled Market Search, and have noticed that the behaviour is not quite the same as using Market Locator manually.

I am using an input file to select appropriate races/horses. If I use Market Locator, the only races that are put into My Markets are races where a matching selection is found. Using Scheduled Market Search, ALL races appear in My Markets, even though selections are highlighted as required.

Have I missed something in the settings, or is this normal behaviour?

• Administrator
Re: Observation about Scheduled Market Search
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jun 2020, 12:18 »
Hello!

In what way do you specify the matching selection in Market Locator? Please attach the relevant screenshot.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2020, 09:42 »
Hi Oxa,

It's a very simple setup!

The problem is not a show-stopper for me, it just makes double-checking selections more difficult, and of course means that far more calls are being made to the BF API unnecessarily.

Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: 06 Jun 2020, 16:18 »
Hi
I tried to replicate the problem and tested extensively but cannot reproduce it, all seems to work fine. Sorry basic question, do you have the correct template loaded for scheduler and did you save the settings? See attached screenshot.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jun 2020, 08:53 »
What MarkV said, and also, are you sure that at the moment when you preform the automated search, the markets with the necessary selections are already there on BetFair?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jun 2020, 12:12 »
You had me for a second - I had to double-check, but it looks like it's using the correct template!

Also, I have to own up to a slight fib; I've discovered that if (as in my case) I'm selecting from US races, it is putting all US races in My Markets, not ALL races as I first thought (and highlighted. Oops. Sorry if I misled you on that.), but doing so regardless of whether a selection is matched or not. I hope that makes sense.

« Reply #6 on: 07 Jun 2020, 17:52 »
Still testing ok here and only the markets with selections in the file are loaded.

A few more long shots might be worth trying:

In the Scheduler settings, underneath the path to the template file, there is an Edit button. Click that and check the template that opens has the "contains values in file" condition.

Check there is only one template of that name.

Make a new template, with a new name, and put that into Scheduler
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2020, 10:03 »
One question - when installing an update, am I supposed to uninstall a previous version first? That may have some bearing on what's going on.

I've found another issue, I don't know if it should be in another thread; still regarding selections from file(s).
Using Market Locator, if I try to use two input files, it correctly selects all races for both files, and adds them to My Markets. The problem is that it then leaves all horses as selections, not just the ones in the files. If I then attempt to use 'Import Selections for auto-trading' to do it manually, I find I can only select one file or the other; the selections from the second file are discarded.

Initially I tried to add the selection files to triggers, but discovered that even though the 'reread file' box was ticked, if I updated the file during the day, the triggers did not update the selections accordingly.

So really that's two new issues - but either of these would give me a working solution. :)

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jun 2020, 14:22 »
Hi
  • no need to uninstall first. just make sure MFP is closed before updating.
  • could you merge the two files into one?
  • just tested "reread file" using "selections name is in file" trigger condition. works fine. if you use this condition do not use import selections for autotrading button.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 11 Jun 2020, 16:57 »
Hi Mark,

The reason I wanted two files was because I was testing two systems - I am placing a different bet amount on the selections of one file compared to the other.

Just to clarify the reread option, when do the files get reread? Only when the triggers are reloaded, at a particular interval, or when trigger conditions are set to be checked before the race?

« Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2020, 05:57 »
Just to clarify the reread option, when do the files get reread? Only when the triggers are reloaded, at a particular interval, or when trigger conditions are set to be checked before the race?
with reread ticked the file is re-read every time the trigger condition is checked i.e. every refresh, unticked when trigger file is loaded

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2020, 18:15 »
Today I thought I'd try it differently.

I kept the original two files for the triggers, but used one file for the Market Locator. I did not use 'Import selections...'.

The race time came, and although Siskin was in the file for the trigger, no bet was placed.

« Reply #12 on: 12 Jun 2020, 18:36 »
Hi
condition in the log is: and selections trigger expression is in file
should be: and selections name is in file
;)

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 13 Jun 2020, 09:41 »
Ah - that might have something to do with it!

Thanks Mark.

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 13 Jun 2020, 14:21 »
Oh well, spoke too soon.
Changed the trigger to Selection's name and it still came back false. :(

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE