Author Topic: Observation about Scheduled Market Search  (Read 2155 times)

Tags:
Re: Observation about Scheduled Market Search
« Reply #15 on: 13 Jun 2020, 17:15 »
Would you attach the trigger file and a sample text file so I can have a look?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #16 on: 14 Jun 2020, 10:16 »
Here we go!

The trigger file contains 'All selected' (which is working as long as I don't mind the same bet size for all selections) and 'US horses' and 'UK horses' - which are the ones I'm having trouble with (so are disabled!).

Incidentally these are my lays for today, so you can also watch me losing money... ;)

« Reply #17 on: 14 Jun 2020, 11:56 »
Hi
Text strings which contain spaces should be enclosed in double quotes. e.g. from the manual:  

You must enclose each operand in double quotes when comparing operands that may contain spaces. E.g.:
Selection's Name is equal to "Marine Captain"

for ease of operation and consistency you can also enclose strings without spaces in quotes. See attached screenshot which I used when testing.

I tested UK and US at the same time in a marketlocator template using "any condition must be met". It pulled in all relevant markets.

Your trigger conditions are fine, however, amount for UK races is well below Betfair minimum, and depending on size of your bank, US races bet amount also below minimum. Confirm in your settings for betting options that small bets is allowed.

Otherwise trigger works well.

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #18 on: 14 Jun 2020, 13:19 »
OK, thanks Mark.

It's been a while since I used MF in anger, I must have forgotten about the quotes.

Cheers! :)

• All members
« Reply #19 on: 14 Jun 2020, 13:21 »
Incidentally, Market Locator works fine without quotes, just to add to the confusion...!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE