Author Topic: Ongoing trigger problem  (Read 3252 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Ongoing trigger problem
« on: 23 Jul 2015, 12:00 »
Hiya all,
I have been having the same problem with a certain trigger which I have never found a solution to.
I had the same trigger running on version 7 with no problems, but as soon as version 8 was introduced the problems began.
I have done a lot of experimenting and can only conclude that it's a bug in the software?
The trigger is ever so simple.
I manually put a lay bet on a selection at the back price and wait for it to begin to be matched.
As soon as it begins to be matched MF places a back bet, 1 tick higher for the lay amount just matched. As more of the lay is matched MF should continue to place the back bets.

The problem seems to be with the "Amount" value: I have been using "lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched. MF will place one bet only if using the above and will not continue to place any further back bets as the lays are matched.
If I click "Reload" on the "Active Triggers" box it will again just place one back bet.
If I put a numerical value in the "Amount" box it will repeatedly place back bets but not if I use "lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched" or any other variable.
I have uploaded the simple trigger and an image for help.
Thanks in advance

• All members
Re: Ongoing trigger problem
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2015, 12:02 »
and heres the trigger  :)

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2015, 12:43 »
hi
first, have you ticked allow small bets  (in the betting options)
if not then this will stop bets been placed that is below your betfair limit.

if you have then change your       lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched
to  IF(lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched<.01,.01,lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched)

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2015, 12:46 »
Hi. Yes I have ticked "allow small bets" :)
I will give your other suggestion a try. Thanks

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2015, 12:52 »
Wouldn't

IF(lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched<.01,0,lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched)

be better than:

IF(lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched<.01,.01,lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched)

The bold expression will set the amount to zero if not it would contioniosly place a bet at 0.01 when there is unmutched bets?

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2015, 12:55 »
Wouldn't

IF(lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched<.01,0,lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched)

be better than:

IF(lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched<.01,.01,lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched)

The bold expression will set the amount to zero if not it would contioniosly place a bet at 0.01 when there is unmutched bets?

Yes your right :)
I will change it

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2015, 12:58 »
hi tupp
if you try to place a bet with 0 money you will get an error, so you have to bet a minimum of .01.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2015, 13:07 »
hi wehey
if you only want to bet if the amount is more than zero then add the condition
and selections trigger expression lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched is greater than 0

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2015, 13:08 »
Wouldn't

be better than:

This also places continuous 0.01 bets.
There must be a way of doing this. It's such a simple thing which worked fine in version 7

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 23 Jul 2015, 13:12 »
hi wehey
and selections trigger expression lay_matched-back_matched-back_unmatched is greater than 0

mcbee

It works, it's works!!!!!!!
Thanks a million guys. This has been bugging me for years :)

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 23 Jul 2015, 13:13 »
hi wehey

mcbee

Sorry it was just a fast reflection - the other condition you ment : amount>0.01 is of course better!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE