Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by wonghonki on 11 Jul 2015
  • Hi All!

When normally a list of selections are imported from a text file for betting/trading, the rest of the selections in all other markets are grayed out and become inactive, this will set MFP running for automatic betting according to trigger instructions, but there have been a few occasions that these grayed out selections suddenly become active in some markets for unknown reasons resulting triggers placing bets on these active selections that are not meant to do.
    Can someone explain to me why this is happening and what can I do to address this issue?

Many thanks!
  • #2 by mcbee on 21 Jul 2015
  • hi
    this happens when there is a none runner and betfair removes the runner then adds the market minus the removed runner.
    it is safer to use a condition to pick the selection from a list.

mcbee
  • #3 by wonghonki on 21 Jul 2015
  • Hi! Mcbee,

Thanks for the explanation, for this maybe the case, but when I revert back to version 8.0.0.14 which I was using before the upgrade,  I do not have this problem. Maybe there are issues with the latest upgrade that can be addressed. I think it is much more simpler to import selections rather than filtered with added conditions.

wonghonki
  • #4 by hoodlikt on 21 Jul 2015
  • This is an issue with current version - see my thread on strange behaviour after import. Although I was having the opposite active selections becoming grey when a non runner is picked up.
    Can't be betfair as the previous version is fine and doesn't show this bug.
  • #5 by wonghonki on 23 Jul 2015
  • Hi! mcbee,

I took your suggestion, attempted to select selections by using trigger expression sel_name in file (txt file, with selections in separate line), or using selections name in file (txt file), both without success, Can you advise me how I should do this? Normally I have a list of selections in a txt file to be imported for trading or betting, maybe there is an alternative way, thanks in advance.

wonghonki
  • #6 by mcbee on 23 Jul 2015
  • hi
    i would have to see your list.
    but if you are betting in ausy or greyhound markets then you have to include the index number as it shows on betfair.
    1. this name
    also there are 2 different ways to use in list, one way uses the full name with spaces and the other way uses a compressed full name minus spaces.

mcbee
  • #7 by LarpHager on 23 Jul 2015
  • also there are 2 different ways to use in list, one way uses the full name with spaces and the other way uses a compressed full name minus spaces.

mcbee
    Hi,
    Thats interesting McB, can you explain how that works? How can I get a condition to check both the compressed and uncompressed versions? For example the winner_name is always a compressed version of the name on the betting screen!!!

thanks
    Larp
    • LarpHager
  • #8 by wonghonki on 23 Jul 2015
  • Hi! mcbee,

This is the selections format that I list in a txt file for importing to MFP before the days racing commence, sometimes contain eventual non runners.

Steventon Star
    Teetotal
    Nice Thoughts
    Mick Slates
    Springfield Grey
    Bahaarah
    Rouge Nuage
    Cool Bahamian
    My Mo
    Ladies Dancing
    Amuse Me
    Black Iceman
    Alinstante

It will be great if the whole file can be used as "in file" rather than "in list", save having to do additional editing.

wonghonki
Pages:
Actions