Author Topic: Performace Issue with Screen Updates  (Read 4512 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
Performace Issue with Screen Updates
« on: 01 Mar 2015, 23:07 »
I wonder if anyone else has this probem:

Update of MFPro window is slower than in previous version.

If I resize MFPro window with markets with many selections (e.g. Golf Outright Winner Market) updates are slow. When I setup a retresh of 0.5 seconds, time between market updates is 3.5 to 6 seconds.

If I resize MFPro so that I cannot see any selections, performance increases. Time between market updates is now between 0.6 and 1.8 seconds.

I use latest MFPro Version 8.0.0.15, Windows 8.1 64 Bit. Is this a known issue, or should I try to tweek some MFPro settings?

Thanks in advance for any hint!
Martin

Re: Performace Issue with Screen Updates
« Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 2015, 00:12 »
I Hadn't noticed this one. Must try it out tomorrow ;)

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 05 Mar 2015, 17:18 »
Hi Larp, any news about your tests so far?
Looking for triggers.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 06 Mar 2015, 21:37 »
I have just tried this on a race for sandown tomorrow with 26 runners in place market, I set the refresh rate to4 but it refreshes at 6 to 8 and all the selections flash one after another,it is the only market I was monitoring so expected it to be pretty quick. if I move the window up so I cant see any of the selections the refresh rate performs perfect, I cant believe not showing the selections could make a difference. But surely you shouldn't need to hide the selections it is only one market looks like version 8 doesn't like big markets. Colin

« Reply #4 on: 06 Mar 2015, 22:11 »
I would run two profiles, one with each sizing,same settings. then open the connection monitor on each. Leave it for 5 minutes then take a screenshot of the two side by side.

Your are correct about the lsandown race 3.10 place market is scrolling badly and freezes the program.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 09 Mar 2015, 15:43 »
Having problems with the big place markets at Cheltenham tomorrow they are all scrolling badly and again if I set the refresh to 4 it runs at about 12 then freezes unless I make the screen small and don't show any of the selections, its only on the place markets, win markets are fine, I am stumped thought the new api was meant to be faster, is anyone else having the same problem or is it my settings Colin

« Reply #6 on: 09 Mar 2015, 17:18 »
yes coling,

the place markets are awful for tomorrow. I will not be risking even opening any place markets in case the program crashes or freezes and I miss the race. Shame but it is not reliable enough on my laptop.

Larp

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 09 Mar 2015, 17:28 »
I have a i5 computer 16gb memory and its not reliable on that, at least I know its not my computer, its a shame as Cheltenham is usually my big earner but not with this api think I will have to get a proper job now as I cant make any money anymore. :-[ :-[

« Reply #8 on: 09 Mar 2015, 17:53 »
Oh its not the laptop, I am sure of that. Try the un-install, delete the old profiles and re-install. It might work for you then

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 09 Mar 2015, 18:01 »
ive tried that no luck, also hired a virtual server for a month but get the exact same performance on that as well so think its def the api, although when I complained to betfair they said it is working fine.

« Reply #10 on: 09 Mar 2015, 21:55 »
hi,

I have tried every different  setting I could find. It just keeps rolling over the selections and then up and down folding over the prices, slows down or freezes.

There are a lot of markets this week we will not be able to access with this software.

Has anyone mailed in a support request for this topic
larp

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 10 Mar 2015, 08:49 »
I have tried the same, monitoring just1 market different refresh rates etc but nothing changes, also don't know if anyone else has the problem if you click on a race meeting 9 times out of 10 the time for all races just says 0.00 you have to close the meeting and open several times to get the time displayed, I daren't email support as they are fed up with me lol, surely everyone is having this issue, am a bit worried as only 3 people have said this is happening, colin

• Élite
« Reply #12 on: 10 Mar 2015, 09:57 »
Has anyone mailed in a support request for this topic
larp
Not yet. As I had a long break, and restartet betting with betfair 3 weeks ago, I was not sure if this is a known issue already in progress by Oxa. Wil try to make a video of the difference in refresh rate with visible and invisible selections. Hope my old DV Cam is still working....

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 11 Mar 2015, 08:54 »
I have a i5 computer 16gb memory and its not reliable on that, at least I know its not my computer, its a shame as Cheltenham is usually my big earner but not with this api think I will have to get a proper job now as I cant make any money anymore. :-[ :-[

Have you consider that the value could be gone? you have been profitable for some time - now the market want you to pay back.

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 11 Mar 2015, 09:48 »
Hi yes I have considered every option, I have been trading professionally for over 8 years and have only struggled since the new api and I think it is a combination of the new api and the size of market pro which it has to be to run on the new api(mine runs at 54000 on windows 7) I know other competitors software stuggles as well as it is well documented that high volume markets on the new api are slow. That's why I am amazed that people who run triggers at .2 refresh rate are getting matched. Colin

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE