Author Topic: Prevent 2 triggers operating at same time ?  (Read 1974 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Prevent 2 triggers operating at same time ?
« on: 10 Mar 2018, 10:02 »
I'm putting the finishing touches to a trigger that recoups losses by betting a percentage of losses on the next race (nothing new there then :-)) I want to use trigger one if bank is between 200 and 150, or trigger two if bank is below 150. I'm putting the bank amount as a condition, but can see a point where both triggers operate at the same time (i.e. If bank is say, 155, trigger 1 places 10 bet, then trigger 2 will also kick in. Is there a simple, foolproof way to ensure only one trigger fires ? I'm sure this has been asked many times before, and the answer is probably staring me in the face, but just need a quick answer. Thanks in advance, and many thanks for the good work you guys are doing :-)

• Élite
Re: Prevent 2 triggers operating at same time ?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2018, 10:16 »
hi
if you are using the same selection then use and back_matched is equal to 0
or you can use and trigger ( name of the other trigger ) number of runs is equal to 0  ,  put this on both triggers using the name of the opposite trigger.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2018, 20:29 »
Many thanks mcbee... spot on as usual. I'm having trouble now with setting the triggers to the respective bank amounts. I was hoping to set a condition for 'if test bank is between 200 and 190'.. etc. but that option doesn't seen to be available. There is a total profit / loss which I've set to between 0 and -10 but that just seemed to stop the trigger 'triggering'. What I'm aiming for is 3 or 4 triggers that will operate at different levels of loss. Again, must be a simple way of doing this.....   

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2018, 20:48 »
hi
yes.
selections trigger expression IF(test_mode=1,test_balance,balance) is between 190 and 200

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2018, 15:53 »
Hello!

If you have two triggers, one called "Operation 1" and the other one called "Operation 2", you do the following:

In the conditions for "Operation 1" add this:

and Trigger Operation 2 number of runs is equal to 0

Likewise, in the conditions for "Operation 2" add this:

and Trigger Operation 1 number of runs is equal to 0
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2018, 18:02 »
Many thanks for your help guys !! :-)

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE